1.01.30-EXT3_Liverpool_Plus-0.1.4

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Re: 1.01.30-EXT3_Liverpool_Plus-0.1.4   

Postby KAD » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:18 am

usb ports - 2, read the manual

there are a few things that will access EXT3 from windows, but I don't recommend them, I don't consider them stable options
but this is the best one I've seen http://www.paragon-software.com/home/extfs-windows/

if you don't have a linux pc around, it's probably better to stick with FAT32 for booting and NTFS for media
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby jasius » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:36 am

KAD wrote:usb ports - 2, read the manual

there are a few things that will access EXT3 from windows, but I don't recommend them, I don't consider them stable options
but this is the best one I've seen http://www.paragon-software.com/home/extfs-windows/

if you don't have a linux pc around, it's probably better to stick with FAT32 for booting and NTFS for media

Thank you for your prompt response, so two jump drives two different formats and it's all good? Great! thanks again! keep up the solid work!
jasius
n00b

Postby jasius » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:12 pm

My little box is losing it's Resolution settings, every time it's turned on, I set it to 1080p 24hz 8bit which my TV is good for because my PS3 and PS4 do that but in 12bit, but every time I turn this thing on it goes to 1080i 60hz, does this firmware fix any issues like that? How hard is it to go back to the WD stock firmware once this has been installed?

Another noob question, I'm using a logitech harmony remote, will I have to add the player again to it, or does it just work?
jasius
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:59 am

jasius wrote:My little box is losing it's Resolution settings, every time it's turned on, I set it to 1080p 24hz 8bit which my TV is good for because my PS3 and PS4 do that but in 12bit, but every time I turn this thing on it goes to 1080i 60hz, does this firmware fix any issues like that? How hard is it to go back to the WD stock firmware once this has been installed?

Another noob question, I'm using a logitech harmony remote, will I have to add the player again to it, or does it just work?

not likely, that would have to do with HDMI handshake, something I haven't changed
what you can do that might fix it, which is unavailable on stock firmware, is a reset / complete wipe of everything

as for your other quesitons, I'll ignor them, you're better to find out on your own
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby jasius » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:25 am

KAD wrote:
jasius wrote:My little box is losing it's Resolution settings, every time it's turned on, I set it to 1080p 24hz 8bit which my TV is good for because my PS3 and PS4 do that but in 12bit, but every time I turn this thing on it goes to 1080i 60hz, does this firmware fix any issues like that? How hard is it to go back to the WD stock firmware once this has been installed?

not likely, that would have to do with HDMI handshake, something I haven't changed
what you can do that might fix it, which is unavailable on stock firmware, is a reset / complete wipe of everything

as for your other quesitons, I'll ignor them, you're better to find out on your own

I found out that these wdtv boxes are too simple to keep settings, the solution(for anyone that might come across this) is to REORDER the order that the Logitech Harmony turns on your devices, so that the WDTV is turned on BEFORE your TV turns on, this might be something to do with how WDTV makes HDMI work? Either way, this solution KEEPS the settings.

Thank you for your replies.
jasius
n00b

Postby bmcelvan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi,
I just bought one of these from bestbuy last week (I think) WDBYMN0000NBK-HESN. Plays everything well but I am wondering if I can gain some functionality from this firmware upgrade.

I am looking to see the current audio/video bitrate displayed, hopefully on the screen, when playing a file. Also the codec would be a nice bonus. My Sony bluray player shows the codec and bitrates for both audio and video live when playing blurays or files but it can't play or stream high end codecs like TrueHD or mkv very well which is why I bought this box.
The WDTV only shows what I assume to be the average bitrate for the whole file when you hit the "options" button, which also pauses the movie. Also, I believe it to be wrong most of the time as a bluray-->mkv remux file I recently played show a bitrate of 67565 Mbps, yeah close to 70Gbps which would be the best network stream I've ever seen anywhere...not to mention that I think it would take about 3000 bluray discs to store a 2.5 hr movie at that bitrate.
bmcelvan
n00b

Postby KAD » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:33 pm

well there is some additional functionality you can gain here
but in general it's not going to modify the osd
like displaying bit rates on the fly is not going to happen

about the closest thing I can think of is moviesheets
which are simply a static .jpg image that can be displayed, some of the templates have a field for the bit rate and codec info
but it's static and generated from a PC, would be visable while browsing but not while playing a video
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby bmcelvan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks so much for the reply.

I have a different functionality question for you...is there a way to program a forward and/or reverse skip function, like on a DVR? In addition to (the normal) fast forwarding 2X, 4X, 8X, etc., is there a way to program a 30sec skip forward?

I remux straight from Blurays discs and then stream over a wired network. Haven't had any problems yet but have been reading on here about the devices maxing out at a certain bitrate like 15Mbps...Blurays go up to 40Mbps right...any reason to think this device won't be able to handle that high?

I guess I'll just tsmux into an .mt2s file to view bitrates at certain points in the file if I'm interested with my bluray player...but will keep using this box and mkv to be able to use chapters and subtitles which my bluray won't do well.

Thanks for the info.

Ben
bmcelvan
n00b

Postby KAD » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:38 pm

throughput shouldn't be an issue if your network is set up correctly - sounds like it probably is

I run bandwidth_test reading a consistant 115 Mb/s over wifi on nfs protocol
and for wired at 95 Mb/s (it's only a 10/100 port)
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby gscimbom » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Hello,

I bought a WD TV Media Player (WDBPUF0000NBK) and i wanted to know if this firmwire includes an option to normalize the sound of the movies ? I explain my probem: when i watch "The Dark Knight" for example, there is a big volume difference between the fight scenes and the scenes with dialogues (this is normal, but there is too much difference, so i have to turn up and turn down the volume every 5 minutes). The codec of the file is Dolby Digital 5.1.

The DRC option doesn't correct the problem, so i'd like to know if this firmwire includes a "normalization" option.

Thanks (and sorry for my bad english).
gscimbom
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Look at Me!!!