[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
1.01.30-EXT3_Liverpool_Plus-0.1.4

1.01.30-EXT3_Liverpool_Plus-0.1.4

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Re: 1.01.30-EXT3_Liverpool_Plus-0.1.4   

Postby KAD » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:03 am

If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby KAD » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:13 am

@nickwpearce

any naming convention listed here http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_use_Movie_sheets_v2 should work
I used the linksheets.pl script which I did not write, the only edit was to disable the blinking led
as led control is different on newer devices

you still did not mention how you named your theme folder?

also could it be all the special characters you have in your file names ?
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby nickwpearce » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:09 pm

would the brackets matter? they work perfectly with the gen 1 wdtv...

my theme folder is named

.Goodbye Black Mamba.theme.linksheets

heres a screen shot of my thumbdrive

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yz557hxmcynx6cj/WDTV_USB_Root_Folder.jpg

tried 'end of days.mkv' to make it more simple, still nothing...

like i said before ive been doing this with my gen 1 for a few years now but this new gen 4 is not playing nice with me, im not very smart with this... but i have done it before and had it working fine on my old wdtv just cant get this wdtv to play ball

these are the instructions that come with goodbye black mamba

http://www.mediafire.com/view/t64g8w9b9rfpahb/linksheets_gbm_instructions.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/7774x2z7xhoc0e6/Link_Sheet_Manual_-_Black_Mamba.pdf

as you know if i follow these by putting my theme folder on the root of my thumbdrive and then rename the images to the same extension of the movie file then copy to my thumbdrive they work...
nickwpearce
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:53 pm

I just thought of a catch in all of this

and I always forget about this because I don't use them, and think they're not a very good implementation

but this gen4 device has official support for moviesheets via xml files
the xml files create havock with linksheets

xml's in general are not needed when using linksheets
so if they exist, created either by thumbgen or the WD's internal scraper, I recommend to delete them
clear the media library and reboot
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby nickwpearce » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 pm

I've never used xml's...
nickwpearce
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:36 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Postby stan_pollard » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:12 am

I just bought a wd tv media player WDBYMN0000NBK

I hope this will work on it. Or will it work on it
stan_pollard
n00b

Postby aer0x » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 am

Nice work KAD!

But is there a chance to support netflix on the gen4 (WDPBU)?

Thanks in Advance
aer0x
n00b

Postby KAD » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:51 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Postby jasius » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:21 am

I'm new to this, I'll recieve my WDTV gen 4 in the mail this week, you state that this thumbdrive has to be always in the USB port, are there one or two usb ports? Using the Fat32 format, you can't place files on that thumbdrive bigger than 4gb? Does EXT3 work when using the jump drive with a windows PC? I'm a bit lost on this, sorry for crapping up the thread. Does Explore2fs work well on a windows 8 pc?

I'd appreciate any help, I'm not unfamilar with custom firmwares on devices, I just have some questions I need answers to.
jasius
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Look at Me!!!