[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
1.01.30-EXT3_Liverpool_Plus-0.1.4

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Postby KAD » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:01 am

If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Re: 1.01.30-EXT3_Liverpool_Plus-0.1.4   

Postby mad_ady » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Glad to hear you're branching out! Keep the project alive!
Also, I think community members that want to see this going further could consider sending a donation your way so you can get a device for testing...

Also, KAD, I think you should ask b-rad for some storage on the svn server to keep your repos, so that you can benefit from versioning.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby KAD » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:10 pm

PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby JoeySmyth » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:41 am

There's a cool little *glitch* with the VideoScreenSaver which i reported to KAD ... but could'nt reproduce it ... until today :D

While the VideoScreenSaver is playing ... press the "Option" button on the Remote Control (Pan & Zoom will appear) ... then "Tap" the Blue "Home" button on the Remote Control very quickly.

It will take you back to the Main Menu ... but,if your VideoScreenSaver has an Audio Track ... you will still hear it playing

Go to "Gallery View" and the VideoScreenSaver will be playing in the Background

Here's a 30mb video sample

JoeySmyth
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:50 am

@JoeySmyth, thanks for the info

I'll give it a try, although, I suspect this is likely a bug in official firmware
dmaosd (closed source binary) controls what is displayed on screen and any interaction with the gui

videoscreensaver uses UPNP to play the video
so WD thinks the video is coming from a media server, like serviio, twonky, etc ...

an interesting test, I wonder if the same thing is possible with a regular media server

well that's my initial thought, we'll see what I can reproduce
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby KAD » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:14 pm

I've confirmed the videoscreensaver bug discussed above, is in fact a official bug effecting any application that uses video_ex_playing.xml , any playback started by an external source uses this xml file.

so going to media servers - serviio - file , this will not present the issue as navigation via gui will use video_run.xml

but you can take a tablet or smart phone, choose your favorite upnp control point
using the tablet or phone start playback on the WD
once started, press option, then press home button
you'll be taken to home screen and video will still be playing in background

I used an asus TF300 and UPNP Monkey for testing
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby JoeySmyth » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:36 pm

I just tested this UPnP bug on my WDTV Live Hub Firmware 2.07.17 which was released 02-08-2011
and yes, the bug "works"

3 Years on and WD still did'nt fix it
JoeySmyth
DLX'er

Postby chikutoji » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:31 pm

chikutoji
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:02 am

<offtopic>
With a username and password that short, there's little point in trying to anonymize them :)
</offtopic>
mad_ady
Developer

Postby KAD » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:01 am

KAD
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Look at Me!!!