for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Re: for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)   

Postby KAD » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:11 pm

I know the theme's get uploaded to
Code: Select all
/usrdata/.wd_tv/theme/<theme name>

beyond that, I haven't looked at the stockify script or the others for that matter
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby recliq » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:36 pm

I can confirm that there seems to be a problem to revert back to stock, I can reproduce the problem.
One problem is that b-rad moved the original wd webend but the script tries to call the old url when wdlxtv is actually running...
this would be easy to fix in the scripts but it doesn't seem to be the only problem.
I needed a serial console to revert back to stock... I haven't discussed this with b-rad yet but I'm sure he will be able to provide a fix.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby roelandw » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Hello,

I have the problem that after rebooting into the palace firmware i cannot see my network shares anymore (and in windows cannot see the WDTV player in my network devices, but the player shows in the media devices section).
If i revert back to the stock firmware i don't have these issues anymore.

Is this a known issue or do i have to adjust some network settings?
roelandw
n00b

Postby D313373D » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:46 am

I had installed the firmware loader and was waiting on the GPL firmware to finish downloading when I came across wdlxtv-palace. Thanks alot! Even though wifi isn't supported yet & I have no way to telnet into the wdtv smp or use the web interface without moving it now. The wdtv is painfully slow but it should be a fun project.
D313373D
n00b

Postby silentm » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:30 am

Can you post what you had to do to get it back to stock with the serial console? I found an old serial to Ethernet cable that should do the trick. I can at least get wifi and SMB back, I assume B-rad is going to be too busy to get much work done on the gen3 firmware anytime soon.

I tried changing the scripts to point to /plugins/wd-webend/index.php and I ran the status and stockify scripts and it says homebrew mode is off but cant get it to boot up in stock mode; but the homebrew mode still works. Not sure if maybe my stock firmware went corrupt or something. Or like you said there is another problem. I'm not familiar with how the firmware works but I assume there's no way to stop the nginx webend from wdlxtv and start the original one from the original firmware to try running the stockify script again?
silentm
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:37 am

apache is not in wdlxtv-palace, so it cannot be activated. I'll be releasing two things today. One being a stock bin and the other an updated wdlxtv-palace.bin which is compliant with the exploit and which might have another few small bugs fixed here & there. The stock bin would be just like running original firmware.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby silentm » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am

Great News, I'll give them both a go and see if the bug fixes will be enough for what I need.
silentm
n00b

Postby milans9 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 pm

does it possible on this firmware to inject a corrections, which relate to
remote control (sound volume + - , change aspect ratio 16/9 - 4:3 ) and to apperance and position of subtitles, sorry on my english
milans9
n00b

Postby sorb » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:13 am

Great news B-rad .....
I was eagerly waiting for the updated one. Can u please tell what is covered in the update u r going to release.
sorb
DLX'er

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:37 pm

bump root.bin-stock posted with some info on how to run it now and later.

Hoping to get new version of wdlxtv-palace uploaded briefly. Here is what is fixed:
- nginx recompiled without accept4 syscall
- nginx & php max upload/post/body size increased to 32MB
- vsftpd removed
- proftpd added

tried for a while to get the homebrew/stockify commands to work in wdlxtv, but the validation fails...so i'm missing something obvious or need to patch something. So thats what new bootstock command in homebrew kit is for.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

PreviousNext

Return to Look at Me!!!