for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Re: for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)   

Postby dkslc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:33 am

Still no go.

I've verified that the homebrew theme is up and running via Setup>Appearance, and I've verified that the thumbdrive is recognized by pulling it up via Setup>System>Disk Manager. Also, the WD is writing a .wdtv folder to the thumbdrive.

KAD, I read that you were able to boot up with the new firmware. Was that from a complete "brew" while fw 2.01.86 was installed, or was that a "brew" from a previous fw?

Also, I noticed that the meta.xml in the WDLXTV-Homebrewer.zip file that is uploaded contains references to objects that no longer exist (from b-rads site). That wouldn't mess things up, would it?
dkslc
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:08 am

yep, I was able to boot homebrew

I put the device in stock mode
boot stock from internal nand
flashed official 2.01.86
reset to defaults

then I booted the homebrew v0.0.2
and now, I'm booting a different .bin file, which I've created, I'll make it available sometime soon

initially I did have some problems as you can read above,
you could try a different flash drive, or maybe format the flash drive again to fat32
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby dkslc » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Well, I rolled back the firmware to 1.16.13, ran through the "brew", attached my thumbdrive, and restarted. Booted Palace on the first attempt. Go figure.
dkslc
n00b

Postby mdv791 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:35 am

Good people, help! In the process of automatic flashing cut electricity, after the media center does not show anything, only the lamp is lit inclusion. I downloaded the firmware from the site, it swallowed a media center, issued a request, we will put the official or not. Realized that not downloaded, just wanted to point out that to put an official, once again cut off the electricity. After turning, trying to put the official firmware, he writes to me that I am losing my actions potderzhka reads the firmware perezagruzhaetsya and it all happens in a circle. That is, official firmware does not want to download. Continuing the inscription "warning the media player was modified aftermarket and is running unofficial firmware that is not supported by western digital".
mdv791
n00b

Postby BigStone777 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:44 am

I recently bought my WD TV Live in Hong Kong (as they are not available in Mainland China, where I live).
It's a gen3 model WDBGXT0000NBK (firmware 2.01.86)

I tried WDLXTV-ing my unit a few times, with absolutely no response from the WDTV Live, aside from the double startup on hard reboot.
Then I read the help files on this forum, and understood that those firmwares don't mesh with a gen3 unit...
So I got the homebrew/palace files and followed the instructions (imagine that...)

-Everything up to and including win-homebrew-status worked great.
-Everything after that had no response from my unit except when booting up, the usual 'connecting to network...' looked like it had 2-3 layers of text on top of each other, all garbled together.
-I left the USB in the WD and tried win-homebrew-status again and it was still in homebrew mode...
-Tried hard reboot again (USB in), with no response except the garbled startup text...
-Unplugged the WD, removed the USB, rebooted, decided to stockify it...
-Couldn't connect to host...
-Hard reboot. Stockify again. Couldn't connect to host...
-Tried to navigate to my unit's IP from Firefox, only got an error.
-Checked the network settings, IP still there, still unchanged. Unit still works in every way, just the IP is inaccessible.
-Checked the logs of my Netgear ReadyNAS, files were accessed by my unit's IP.
-Reset network settings. Still same IP. Tried connecting, no luck. Tried Telnet, host not found.
-Full reset, setup, startup gibberish gone, everything normal, except the IP is still inaccessible.

As far as I know its still in homebrew mode, but won't boot to anything in the USB, and I can't access the IP.
Any ideas? I want to run WDLXTV firmware in the palace!!!
BigStone777
n00b

Postby KAD » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:26 pm

reformat your flash drive and start over
you probably also need to do a full factory reset on the device
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby BigStone777 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks KAD for the quick response. I appreciate your help.

By 'full factory reset', do you mean reset all to factory defaults from the menu, or send it back to WD to have them reset it?
I assume you mean from the menu, which I have done, followed by unplug for 30+ seconds and hard reboot...
IP still inaccessible.
I'll try it again.
Thanks again for your help.
BigStone777
n00b

Postby BigStone777 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Ok. I got the IP access restored!!
Here's what I did. Perhaps this will help someone else with the same issue...
After the afore mentioned process, this is the next day...
I tried resetting all to factory settings, didn't work.
Tried factory reset again and full unplug from all connections for 20 minutes, reboot, didn't work.
Tried full reset again, full unplug again, reset my router, router back online, reboot,... didn't work.

Finally, I reset yet again, (I know the redundancy of this point probably doesn't matter)...
Went through setup again, added my Wifi network though I actually use it wired, changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 (this also doesn't really matter)...
Then I changed the last number of my IP to one number higher. Saved settings. Tried to access the new IP and got 'Socket Error'...
Changed my IP back to the original, and now it's accessible again.
Early on I had restarted my computer, and cleaned my cache, cookies, etc...
so I'm not sure why changing the IP and then changing it back ended up working... but it did.
Now I get to try homebrew WDLXTV-ing again. Yay!
Thanks for your help!
BigStone777
n00b

Postby Hemigidius » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to get palace to work for the last 6 hours but i'm at a dead end. i followed the instructions for homebrew. Everything went without a problem. After that i moved the 4 files (3 from boot and one from the .bin) to my USB, plugged it in and restarted it, When its starting up for a very short time it says trying to load the wdlxtv palace theme ( but at the same time some other text is writhen ontop of it) and then it just moves to the basic theme, it just doesnt want to load it : / i tried different USB sticks but no luck. When i connect to the WD TV using the web browser i do get the WDLXTV web frontend. I have tried doing a firmware downgrade, and have done a factory reset. but i just cant seem to get it to boot
Hemigidius
n00b

Postby KAD » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Hemigidius wrote:I have been trying to get palace to work for the last 6 hours but i'm at a dead end. ......When i connect to the WD TV using the web browser i do get the WDLXTV web frontend. .... but i just cant seem to get it to boot

then of coarse it booted correctly to wdlxtv
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Look at Me!!!