for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Re: for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)   

Postby Sanderr2 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:39 am

thegman wrote:If you want to know if you're running official firmware or wdlxtv simply go to the web interface. If you see the stock standard wdtv web page you know you're not running wdlxtv. Also wdlxtv is locked at V1.12.13 and you cannot upgrade it using the official firmware. I think you will find that when you ran the upgrade to V1.16.13 it changed a key part of the bootup that was supposed to redirect the boot procedure to the USB stick where wdlxtv lives and is now booting up internally. to get back to wdlxtv you will have to rerun all of the batch files.

I know that is exactly what happend. But that is not the point. My point is that i am able to run a theme from usb and therefore i can store as many sheets as i would like and stil i am able to make use of al wifi functions and apps. I know my boot is not 100% successful but it does have some advantages. I mean the only reason I am running wdlx firmware is for the moviesheets.
Sanderr2
n00b

Postby thegman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:54 pm

I agree, a lot of people are already doing this, using the root exploit to get root access, then using this to change the theme path to the USB stick (without even using WDLXTV firmware). It hasn't made the news on this forum so much because its about the wdlxtv firmware. If development had continued on the palace firmware then I'm sure people would be using palace but given the stock firmware has been updated a number of times during the year its becoming a more desirable option to stick with stock firmware particularly if you use the various apps. Actually, I'm like you, I only need the moviesheets and I don't use the apps so I could go down this road as well I just haven't bothered because everything is working fine for me. Something to think about...
thegman
WDTVer

Postby wesley2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 am

markpres wrote:
recliq wrote:
markpres wrote:I have installed the following http://nextdimension.cc/WDLXTV-Palace-homebrew-kit-v2.zip & http://downloads.wdlxtv.com/wdlxtv-palace/1.12.14_WDLXTV_PALACE-0.0.2.zip
on a new WDTV Live Streaming [Gen3] WDBGXT0000NBK and a new WD My Passport 2TB Portable External Hard Drive. Unfortunately when I now power on the WDTV with the USB drive attached, it fails to start. I see the normal WD Live logo initially and then a blank screen. It does not reply to a browser or ping to the IP address too. I've tried both wireless and direct ethernet. If I remove the USB, it boots okay and I can later attach the USB okay but this is all native WD function not homebrew.

Any suggestions on what I can do to boot this homebrew or isolate where the problem is ?

**update ** I have managed to boot homebrew okay using a 8 GB USB Memory Stick. Wifi doesn't work but Ethernet is okay. With homebrew running, I can attach the USB 2TB drive and see the files okay. However I cannot boot homebrew from the 2 TB drive (without the 8 GB memory stick).

Most likely your device does not come alive fast enough. This is a common problem with some HDD's and root.bin/.rootFS. Nothing you can do about that except trying a different HDD.

Thanks for the reply. I'll continue using the memory stick for booting homebrew.

Same thing happened to me. Actually, I concluded that the problem is the size of the primary partition.

I formatted an HD 1TB with FAT32 and it did not work.

Later in the same HD, I created a FAT32 primary partition of 1 GB and a logical partition on the remaining space with NTFS. I put the files on primary partition of 1 GB and it worked.
wesley2
n00b

Postby mz_inet » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:22 am

Sorry, I'm a noob at this, but I am trying to figure some things out still. I installed homebrew / palace and put it on a USB drive and my SMP booted up into it and it was all loaded.
So, now I'm trying to figure out how to load themes onto the usb drive so my SMP can use those themes that hub owners use.
I'm also trying to use WDLXTV to create my own linksheets to get around the 30Mb barrier, but I do not know where I can put those for them to work either.

I also could telnet to the root through the WDLXTV web interface and saw the usrdata/.wdtv/theme directory, but I don't know how to copy a theme from my computer to the WDTV / WDLXTV (USB) drive.

I figured by just creating a .wdtv/theme directory on my USB drive directly was not the answer.

Also, if I split up my drive to 1Gb Fat32 and the rest of it NTFS, how would I load linksheets from the NTSF partition?

I think I found my answers at: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7665&start=10

Thanks.
mz_inet
n00b

Postby bric » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi , i want to know if it's possible with a firmware to do the wdtv bitstream DTS HD MA to receiver.

WDTV does not have the license, but in some files is possible to bitstream DTS HD MA.
Can this be done ??

All these blurays can be bitstreamed in DTS HD MA with original firmware.

http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/dts-demo-discs.php

tks
bric
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:44 pm

bric wrote:Hi , i want to know if it's possible with a firmware to do the wdtv bitstream DTS HD MA to receiver.

WDTV does not have the license, but in some files is possible to bitstream DTS HD MA.
Can this be done ??

tks

no it's not possible, and have you tried any of those disks?
oh wait, WD don't have an optical drive, official firmware will not bitstream DTS MA
it extracts and bitstreams only the DTS core
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby bric » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:39 am

KAD wrote:
bric wrote:Hi , i want to know if it's possible with a firmware to do the wdtv bitstream DTS HD MA to receiver.

Can this be done ??

tks

no it's not possible, and have you tried any of those disks?
oh wait, WD don't have an optical drive, official firmware will not bitstream DTS MA
it extracts and bitstreams only the DTS core

I have tried ALL of them.
PERFECTLY bitstreams DTS HD MA
i haven't optical drive. only hard disk.

Please, read this: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1255347/wdtv-live-plus-hd/780#post_24029836

I think with a firmware modification, all files could bitstream DTS HD MA.

Tks
bric
n00b

Postby recliq » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:40 am

bric wrote:I think with a firmware modification, all files could bitstream DTS HD MA.

And I think you are wrong... unless you happen to have the source code for dmaosd and the Sigma SDK to build an executable from it.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby bric » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:56 am

recliq wrote:
bric wrote:I think with a firmware modification, all files could bitstream DTS HD MA.

And I think you are wrong... unless you happen to have the source code for dmaosd and the Sigma SDK to build an executable from it.

Well, i don't have the knowledge to say why mkv files, or many files cannot bitstream DTS HD MA.

Only thing i know for sure, is that wdtv can bitstream DTS HD MA from many iso files.

I don't know if converting mkv to iso will work well
I think probably a hacked firmware can do all files to bitstream DTS HD MA, because the device can do that with iso files. so why only with iso files? what happens? what difference between mkv and iso files?
may be only some lock at original firmaware?
bric
n00b

Postby KAD » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:04 am

WD will NOT bitstream DTS MA, guaranteed

what it does is extract the DTS core from DTS MA and bitstreams only the DTS core
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Look at Me!!!