for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Re: for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)   

Postby b-rad.cc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:17 am

sorb wrote:So, How much time it is going to take to work as a complete homebrew. Can i add the iptv v 2 plugin as i can see the umsp server in the media server list. I tried so many times but it displayed the result as "There is no media in the current folder".

I think you just answered your own question. :lol:

Yes theres bugs to fix, lots. No it won't happen immediately. My mom is visiting for the holidays so I doubt I'll resume work on this until the new year. I also have work full time now, so WDLXTV is not able to occupy as much of my time anymore. It will happen though. 8-)
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby mighty_worm » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:44 pm

I just tried it out, but I couldn't get a network connection after rebooting. In the factory firmware it gives me the option of Wired vs. Wireless, but after the wdlxtv-palace update it only allows me to choose Automatic vs. Manual (ie: wired only). Is there something I need to do to get the wireless network access working?
mighty_worm
n00b

Postby sorb » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:49 am

I just wanted to ask whether the previous plugins created by the other developers will work or new plugins have to created for this version. If previous one can work can anyone give me any one working plugin which i can test on my gen3. I waited very eagerly for this homebrew to be developed and as it is in front of us due to the hard efforts by rad-cc which is to be appreciated, at the same time i cannot wait any more to discover new features in it , i want to try them anyhow.
Can anyone provide the documentation on how to use these added features in this new version as i think that most of the features and the way to use will be same as in the previous versions.

Thanks
sorb
DLX'er

Postby recliq » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:22 am

Once UMSP is working on Gen3 you should be able to use most of the existing UMSP plugins on Gen3.
As we stated a couple of times now, a lot of wdlxtv bits are not yet working, UMSP is one of them.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby b-rad.cc » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:18 am

wifi & umsp have been added to priority list.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:54 pm

b-rad.cc wrote:wifi & umsp have been added to priority list.

I know very well there's a lot to do,
but regarding wifi, an idea I thought off, which would be a bit beyond make it happen

HUB, supports adaptors
SMP, does not

if we use the dmaosd from HUB, would it be possible to get support for wifi adaptors
maybe one day, this would be a great feature of wdlxtv, disable the seriously lacking wifi included in the SMP
and add the ability to use an external wifi adaptor
of coarse the adaptor would still have to be on the officially supported list for the HUB
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby gustos » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Merry Christmas!

Ive joined been a long time reader but ended up buying the Streaming Media Player SMP as there were too few earlier models around. Hope this runs on the WD live SMP and provides us with a way to run themes over 30mb as well (linksheets).

just double checking can i try this now on the SMP?

best wishes and looking forward to hearing more,
gustos
n00b

Postby blackbc » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:04 am

Thank you thank you thank you Mr B Rad - WD SMP was gathering dust in the drawer until you sprinkled your pixie dust on it :P
blackbc
n00b

Postby Guimli » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:41 am

Very good job. I'm glad to see you working on the Gen3.
I tried myself a way to break the security of the Gen3 via libtiff exploit. I do not know how I could miss that feat!
Good luck for the future.
Guimli
n00b

Postby shaneo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 am

Great job never thought I would see the day that wdlxtv hit the gen3 I was ready to install gpl code and ditch services so thanks for saving me :). Some things I have noticed is that vpfd daemon does not work correctly. The daemon says it's started but trying to access via ftp fails every time. Another thing is playing video files over nfs is very slow. I removed the usb and booted stock and videos played instantly whereas the wdlxtv hangs on black screen and I am usually forced to hard cycle the power. All in all everything else works well. I know this is in early stages so I was not expecting 100% working everything. I appreciate all the work you have done and cant wait to see progress move forward.
shaneo
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Look at Me!!!