for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Re: for your review: wdlxtv-palace (gen3)   

Postby KAD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:29 pm

live plus already has WDLXTV

this is about WD Hub & WD SMP
WDLXTV for these devices is available, links in first post
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby WknThDg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Thank you, but I was aware that WDLXTV has been available for the Live Plus (in it's current form).

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I'd prefer using this new method of b-rad's "homebrew mode" of an arbitrary firmware off USB vs. flashing the device.
Although this is currently only for Gen3 WD Hub & WD SMP only, the OP states "With any luck wdlxtv-live & wdlxtv-plus will both be built this way soon.".
Hence, my wishful thinking.
WknThDg
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:33 pm

i would have to download the latest 1.06.xx firmwares to confirm, but at least with 1.05 the firmwares the original method of this feature is used. With the 'original method', if you had no suitable usb device attached the boot halted right there and required serial intervention to get out of. Not exactly ideal. The original method also entailed writing a few bytes to a specific offset of one partition of nand...and was therefore a little dangerous. The new devices use what is essentially nvram variables to trigger the mode, and now they gracefully resume boot if the special files are not there. We'll never know why they all of a sudden made it so ideal :whistle: hehehe 8-)
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby WknThDg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Thank you b-rad for the explanation.
I'm currently running the latest Beta (released yesterday) so you might want to look at it to see if these nvram variables are now in it as well.
They just may be, because there is a warning to "Please do not rollback firmware from 1.06.41 to version 1.05.04 or earlier. Doing so may break your WDTV." It might be possible to rollback to 1.06.15, and then rollback to the others, but WD won't support that.
Beta Release - WDTV Live Plus Firmware Version 1.06.41_B (12/20/12)
So far it's working fine for me and seems OK.
WknThDg
n00b

Postby sumtymes » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:46 pm

I just received mine in the mail yesterday and I am so excited to hear this news. Thank you!!!
sumtymes
n00b

Postby sorb » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:57 pm

I am using homebrew on gen 3 booted through usb. Is it possible to add iptv? If yes, can you please guide me how to do, as i am new to this...

Thank u
sorb
DLX'er

Postby devilstrike » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:32 am

sorb wrote:I am using homebrew on gen 3 booted through usb. Is it possible to add iptv? If yes, can you please guide me how to do, as i am new to this...

Thank u

I dont think he will add that soon, he first must fix all the little bugs in the very first gen3 version.
devilstrike
WDTVer

Postby recliq » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:43 am

RIght, this is more a proof-of-concept than a firmware release. There's still quite some work to do before this is a fully working WDLXTV. :ugeek:
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby sorb » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:18 am

So, How much time it is going to take to work as a complete homebrew. Can i add the iptv v 2 plugin as i can see the umsp server in the media server list. I tried so many times but it displayed the result as "There is no media in the current folder".
sorb
DLX'er

Postby devilstrike » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:20 am

@sorb, only some things are working on the player, give it 3or4 months and allot will change i gues.
devilstrike
WDTVer

PreviousNext

Return to Look at Me!!!