Universal Remote that won't break your wallet

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Universal Remote that won't break your wallet   

Postby gallo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:12 am

Hey guys i recently picked up a remote from a local Dollar Tree store in my neighborhood. Its made by a company called Greenbrier International. In Dollar Tree it sold for a buck.
http://www.amazon.com/Television-6-1-Remote-Control/dp/B000CS8XM2 <----- here is a link to what it looks like.
Experimenting with it i found that the 'AUX' key gives you a total of 30 programmable keys on the wdlxtv. Since some of the newer firmwares have lost functionality on 3 of the keys in the original remote this is a cheap way to get them back plus some. Some of my examples:
#1 key turns my pc on and off for nas purposes
#2 key turns the cifsinterceptor on to flip between samba and nfs; why in particular i dont know but i felt like adding that in lol
#3 key turns the cifsinterceptor off
as i think of more things that i need to make my life easier i just add them into the eiri and voila.
I plan on being kicked off in the near future :o
gallo
Donor

Re: Universal Remote that won't break your wallet   

Postby zerovic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:10 am

looks awesome, thanks for sharing...I just bought this one Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard N5901

the documentation says it won't work with the WDTV or any linux based systems,but it works like charm! the only con i can say about it, is that I miss the backlight of the keyboard..otherwise it works great!
LG 47" LD450 1080p FullHD LCD TV
LG HT-503PH 500w DTS Home Cinema System
WDTV Live HD 1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1, WD 2TB External Storage and Lenovo Multimedia Remote Keyboard N5901
zerovic
WDTVer

Postby ourgangmn » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:32 pm

How did you program the remote to work with the WD box?
ourgangmn
n00b

Postby Lambourne » Mon May 14, 2012 10:56 pm

That's cool! :o
Lambourne
n00b

Return to Look at Me!!!