[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Extending IR receiver

Extending IR receiver

Yes, this is your place to show off. Let us see what you're doing with your device[s]

Extending IR receiver   

Postby BlackPuma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:44 am

So I was thinking about putting my WDTV live in a cabinet, so I don't have to put it off when I go to sleep because of the LED and hard-drive connected.

I was thinking about extending the IR receiver inside, but I couldn't find a decent solution.

If I buy a set to extend it, it has a new extra device to convert the IR signals. And this is also rather expensive 30$ +, So I prefer to have a different solution.

Next I thought about soldering a new IR receiver in parallel onto the one already in it on a long wire that can be guided out of the cabinet.

Do you think that that last option is possible?
Do I have to use the same IR receiver to put parallel over the other one?
Can you easily replace a IR receiver with an other one?

thx in advance!
BlackPuma
WDTVer

Re: Extending IR receiver   

Postby RavRob » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Bro you really need to keep this to one post. Multi post only end up getting locked.
Windows 10
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
RavRob
Supporter

Return to Look at Me!!!