Pay pal not working

This is the place to let known your feelings of the wdlxtv.com experience and how it could be made better. Its not the place to ask about / request firmware features.

Pay pal not working   

Postby hellfish311 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 pm

i tried to donate some money so i can get the firmware for my wd live box. pay pal was not working. can any one help me out.
hellfish311
n00b

Re: Pay pal not working   

Postby RavRob » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:35 pm

You can get the firmware here
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewforum.php?f=10
Donation gives you access to a couple of special sections.
Windows 10
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Kodi - The Future of Television
RavRob
Supporter

Postby KAD » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:59 pm

I spoke with b-rad the other day, there is a pay pal issue currently. We'll have to wait to see what b-rad works out

but RavRob is correctly, currently available firmwares are available for free, no donation required
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby b-rad.cc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:06 pm

My paypal got cancelled for ambiguous reasons without any ability to appeal. The only thing I was told is that I broke an unspecified rule.

What I can figure out is that apparently you are not allowed to use a 'donate' button, unless you are a provable npo or other entity which is allowed to accept donations. Note that this is different from years back, when those groups had their own lower rate donate button. Apparently that option does not exist anymore and paypal taxes all organizations equally. Disturbing to me was not even the option to change the buttons from donate to some sort of purchase, even after being a paypal user for 14yr or so.

Oh well, no donations for now. This is also the reason why ads have popped up around the site. Somethings gotta pay the bills :)
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:35 am

I had forgotten about the paypal issue,

I guess we need to think of some way for people to participate/help in the community
who & how do people get access to Area 51 & Donors Lounge without the use of paypal donations ?

Maybe low priority issue for now, but something to think about
Originally Area 51 was by invitation only, I guess we're back to that for the time being
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby sabrehawk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:55 pm

German paypal customers dont need to be a verified non profit org until they reach
10000$ funds ..after that they have to formaly declare themselves to deduct balances.

Gazillions of developers still use paypal for donations.

Deutsche Paypal Spendenempfänger bis 10000$ müssen KEINE non profit org sein.
Sie müssen jedoch nachweise erbringen ab 10000$ einnahmen.

Es gibts 100tausende kleine Appentwickler die immer noch problemlos per paypal
spenden bekommen, ein blick in den mozilla oder google addon shop reicht.
Ich habe erst vor kurzem noch 1 dollar an einen addon entwickler gespendet.
Der ist ganz sicher auch keine gemeinnützige Org.

https://www.paypal.com/de/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=GgNMI2IZkEIgfBEIJIz6vkV17zhLgKE0LGStP6x-4PIQOthIZekPj24zhm4&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d0b7e678a25d883d0fa72c947f193f8fd

If you cant use paypal consider FLATTR
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flattr

Services like uploaded.to are goddam annoying to distribute files with 100mb+
took me fuckin 40 minutes to download that file .
sabrehawk
n00b

Postby recliq » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:53 am

All that doesn't help if paypal cancels your account and is not willing to discuss this with you...
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Return to Comments & Suggestions about wdlxtv.com websites