wdlxtv Forum reader for Iphone/iPad and Androids

This is the place to let known your feelings of the wdlxtv.com experience and how it could be made better. Its not the place to ask about / request firmware features.

wdlxtv Forum reader for Iphone/iPad and Androids   

Postby bond007 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:32 am

Hi,

As a frequent user of your excellent WDLXTV board I also use the board on ipod touch (or iphone is the same).
But with safari browser on iDevices phpBB board is a hell to browse, zoom pinch zoom.....

For iPod/iPad I can recommand "Forums" app, but for Android there aren't any tools available without server side adaptations.

The best and well know mobile forum apps are "tapatalk" and "forum runner" which work great for mobile users.

I would be sad if this board didn't follow normal evolution that people use a Pad in their living room while surfing the internet instead of a PC.
Especially the difference between an app and normal website browsing on a Android or Iphone is much better with a app (no zooming issues etc...)

Is there a possibility that such an addon can be added on this forum ?

Thanks in advance,

Bond 8-)
bond007
n00b

Re: wdlxtv Forum reader for Iphone/iPad and Androids   

Postby mad_ady » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:34 am

I do my forum reading via RSS from google reader. I think it will work nicely from within iDevices (at least as an alternative)
mad_ady
Developer

Postby bighead » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:46 pm

I need some help to download the firware and instructions on how to install, can you assist?

Thanks
bighead
n00b

Postby trilogy09 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:03 pm

I also use rss from google reader as an alternative but i would be very interested in a much better solution :) Any ideas? I currently use my transformer prime and just haven't really found something that suits me. You should check out http://www.tabletcritique.com/asus/asus-transformer-review if your still considering the ipad over an android tablet. I think it might change your mind. Also looking forward to the new galaxy tablet and dell is going to be entering the market soon.
trilogy09
n00b

Postby thesavo » Sun May 06, 2012 1:01 pm

I too would love to this forum through Tapatalk. It is a fantastic alternative to the browser.
thesavo
n00b

Postby Gui » Sun May 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Tapatalk got my vote.
Gui
Developer

Postby KoolPal » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Waiting for tapatalk integration! :D
KoolPal
WDTVer