Hows the site?

This is the place to let known your feelings of the wdlxtv.com experience and how it could be made better. Its not the place to ask about / request firmware features.

Re: Hows the site?   

Postby Mr Lazy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Will avatars be enabled?
Mr Lazy
WDTVer

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:23 am

PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Mr Lazy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:44 am

Chears ears, as we say in London.
Mr Lazy
WDTVer

Postby thumbgen » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:57 am

b-rad is it possible to mark a topic as sticky? I didn't find this possibility... not a big deal, I just wanted to make some sticky topics in the ThumbGen's section (Announcements, XSL, etc)
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Postby b-rad.cc » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:35 pm

you should be able to, look right above the footer graphic and you *should* see quick-mod tools...that should give you the option, if it doesn't I'll manually add that--but I'd think global mod should be able to.

sorted ;)
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Stolli72 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:55 am

Honestly, I really appreciate the work and efforts which all of you have spend on the firmware, its extension and this site, REALLY!!!

But...
On b-rads site I could find at least some information on "how to´s" for the firmware and/or the apps enclosed. It was somewhat scattered across the site, but at least it was most often attended to the apps or I could find it in the discussions or comments above.

But NOW...? I could not find any hint on a complete list of functionalities/apps which are finally included in the firmware package (except the changelog) nor did I found any links or further help.

Maybe I am too stupid but in former times I was able to find what I´m looking for in querying the page or the forums but now I´m searching for more than 30 minutes and I am still not any step further as I was from the start.

If this is an official firmware Forum, why is there no DOCUMENTATION on this firmware or at least any link to it. I would assume that there is a kind of documentation available as it was on b-rads site before. Where is it now???

Sorry, but I am only a stupid user which all times have to refer to the manual and I am feeling lost now. Can somebody help me and tell me how the apps all people are talking about here in the forum are to be configured (I mean not that little stuff in the "S00custom-options"-file). I would appreciate if there would be one subforum, where a list of all included Apps is available and a short "how to" or a link for each App. Get me right, I do not want a comprehensive and fully layouted user manual! Why is there not a "S00custom-options"-file for all additional apps?

Again, this is not mentioned as a critic but more as a help request from a user perspective!

Tnx again for all this great stuff, I would be glad if could use it properly...

Markus
Stolli72
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Sat May 08, 2010 8:12 am

all that info is still on my personal site.

have you noticed the wiki? There is a list of pretty much everything that is included in the firmware on the appz page. Nothing that is included in the firmware is custom to wdlxtv either really, so if you're wondering how to so something then google that program name and i guarantee you'll find a wealth of information about it. OR ask a question in the aptly title 'application questions' subforum. If you find something is not customizable enough then make a request and clearly and concisely describe to me what you're trying to do, why you want to do it, and if it makes sense I'll devise a way to accomplish the customization.

I do what I can, and that is NOT 100% of everything. This isn't my full time job. You either get me doing development or you get me doing management, and I am a developer. This already consumes enough of my free time, and I'm not going to spend 3X as long including documentation for everything when its already out there on google.

If it bothers you that stuff is on my site and not here, well I'll give you write permissions on the wiki and you can import all of my old tutorials and anything else you find anywhere on the internet that would be beneficial for users. I am not a new user and am about as disconnected from what a new user needs as you can be.

Middle men are needed, but sadly most people seem to think that while they don't have enough time to help contribute that i have infinite time for some reason.

The same goes for anyone else:
You unhappy with the amount of tutorials / information / manuals / etc / etc / etc? Well then how about you help out and contribute something to make this community and all the parts of it as best as it can possibly be.

:ugeek:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Stolli72 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:36 am

Whow! First of all...
THANKS for this quick and elaborated response. Didn´t expect so much - you must have an "infinite amount of time"... ;)
Honestly, thanks a lot! The wiki-link seems exactly to be what I was to stupid for to find!!!

Thanks again for spending so much time for this stuff - it´s great! ...and it´s worth it!!!
A thankful user...
Markus
Stolli72
n00b

Postby DarrellS42 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Thank you for all your efforts. They are appreciated. To help you out ( Sorry its not much) I donated a few bucks your way. Thanks again for the great work 8-)
Darrell
DarrellS42
n00b

AMAZING!   

Postby dante1 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:46 pm

I just want to say that this is amazing. I thought I would have to deal with the stuttering and lagging of my rips but I found this site and opened a new world.
I never thought that it would be possible for the WDTV Live to do the thing it can do.

Again, amazing work!!! :D
dante1
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Comments & Suggestions about wdlxtv.com websites