SABnzbd + Sickbeard + Couchpotato Working...Almost

This is the place to ask for how to use software that is (or isn't) included in the various wdlxtv flavours. Questions about software such as rtorrent, NZBGet, sshfs, curlftpfs, ssh, telnet, etc.

Re: SABnzbd + Sickbeard + Couchpotato Working...Almost   

Postby kfrost » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Have you been able to have these apps running and watching videos and so forth on your TV meanwhile?
kfrost
n00b

Postby chqshaitan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:26 am

Yea, although you got to make sure nothing intense is hitting the disk. I have watched 720p movies fine with sab churning along in the background
but your milage may vary depending the spefication of your drive, sab settings etc etc.

to be doubly safe you can lower the priority of sab when you are watching the wdtv by taking advantage of the power on and power off events.

this command will renice the sabnzbd program so its running at a lower priority(+10)

/usr/bin/renice +10 -p `/bin/ps | /bin/grep SABnzbd.py | /bin/grep -v grep | /usr/bin/awk '{print $1}' | /usr/bin/tr 'n' ' '`

and to put it back to -1 priority run the following :

/usr/bin/renice -1 -p `/bin/ps | /bin/grep SABnzbd.py | /bin/grep -v grep | /usr/bin/awk '{print $1}' | /usr/bin/tr 'n' ' '`
chqshaitan
Donor

Postby kfrost » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:22 am

Okay thank you for your reply.

Are you unpacking your items on to a NAS or a USB drive connected to the WDTV?
kfrost
n00b

Postby chqshaitan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Yea, although unpacking does cause 'lag' when watching hd movies. I schedule sab so it doesnt do downloading in peak hours as well as the renice.

Its better if its a seperately powered usb as the drive tends to be a desktop with reasonable performance as opposed to a self powered usb, slow drive.

I unpack my items onto a local attached usb, as a nas cant provide the performance for hdtv in my experience.
chqshaitan
Donor

Postby Endeavour79 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:15 pm

What's the status with the CouchPotato 2 install?
Did anyone manage to install and run it successfully on wdlxtv??

Trying since days but stuck with python reloc type 0x2f error..
Endeavour79
WDTVer

Previous

Return to Application Questions