SABnzbd + Sickbeard + Couchpotato Working...Almost

This is the place to ask for how to use software that is (or isn't) included in the various wdlxtv flavours. Questions about software such as rtorrent, NZBGet, sshfs, curlftpfs, ssh, telnet, etc.

SABnzbd + Sickbeard + Couchpotato Working...Almost   

Postby blewis87 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:30 pm

After following ch1ptune's guide to installing sabnzbd. I managed to get all three running on my WDTV-Live on 0.5.1.1 (based on 1.05.04)

After installing sabnzbd to get all the proper dependencies (must install python 2.6 and py26-cheetah) and ran sabnzbd once to get the .ini file , i copied sabnzbd's files onto my usb drive where i also unpacked sickbeard and couchpotato (I just like them there).

After trying to run sickbeard and getting the segmentation fault error,
I had to rename /opt/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_locale.so to get it to run.

Couchpotato didn't give me any problems after this.

However, I have been having alot of problems getting a startup script to run. Trying everything I've seen work for other people (SxxSabnzbd scripts in /opt/etc/init.d, S99user-script, etc.) I can't even get the scripts to execute after chmod'ing them and whatnot. Anyways, I thought I'd share, and I'll be back later/tomorrow with some more questions if I can't get the startup scripts going.

Also: sickbeard's sabtosickbeard script wasn't working even after i changed the location of python in the script.
blewis87
n00b

Re: SABnzbd + Sickbeard + Couchpotato Working...Almost   

Postby bluespire » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:37 am

I have been working on this myself. I am getting them up and running on my laptop first to see how they interact. I'm running SAB under python 2.5 which is recommended, per the wiki. I would recommend installing python 2.6 next to 2.5 to run CP and SB in. I am also just going to change the directories SAB saves to rather than try to run it off the external Drive.

What did you rename? From, to?
bluespire
n00b

Postby blewis87 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Just rename /opt/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_locale.so to something else so it can't access it. that should get sickbeard running. I am using python2.6 for everything as I couldn't get the webend of sabnzbd running with 2.5 after I configured it.
blewis87
n00b

Postby hursey013 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Did you ever figure out a way to get SABnzbd to autostart? I'm in the same boat as you were, looking for some pointers!
hursey013
WDTVer

Postby chqshaitan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Yea, its feasible, here is a copy of my s99 start script. Everything autostarts.

you may need to change the paths to reflect your install directories.

S99 init script in /opt/etc/init.d/S99Misc

(crontab -u root /conf/root)&
/bin/sleep 10
/bin/echo power led off >> /proc/led
/bin/echo status led off >> /proc/led
/bin/sleep 10
/opt/bin/python2.6 /opt/share/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -f /opt/share/SABnzbd/sabnzbd.ini --pid /opt/share/SABnzbd -d
/bin/sleep 15
/opt/bin/python2.6 /opt/share/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &
/bin/sleep 15
/opt/bin/python2.6 /opt/share/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -d &
/bin/sleep 15
/opt/bin/python2.6 /opt/share/headphones/Headphones.py &
chqshaitan
Donor

Postby hursey013 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:58 pm

I did some digging and found this site that had some good scripts that wound up working for me: http://www.checkthisshitout.com/2011/07/synology-startstop-init-d-scripts-for-sabnzbd-sickbeard-and-couchpotato/

Just placed a combined version of those in my /conf/S99user-script and that did the trick.
hursey013
WDTVer

Postby blewis87 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Adding a swapfile makes all the difference if you're running sab+sickbeard+couchpotato+headphones!
blewis87
n00b

Postby hursey013 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:05 pm

what size did you make the swap- I made one for 256mb, just curious if thats sufficient. also, I wound up configuring sickbeard to use nzbget because with sabnzbd I found I couldnt get more than 500-600kbp/s - Id rather use sabnzbd though, interface is a little friendlier.
hursey013
WDTVer

Postby blewis87 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:12 pm

I used a 256MB swapfile. Actually, you can get sabnzbd+sickbeard+couchpotato to run in parallel with the WDTV interface without a swapfile, but its a little unstable. Not horrible, but still, sometimes it will lose it. And I think the consensus is that SAB will max out around 500-600kBps with this setup. I don't mind the speed as I have it setup with a free (albiet pretty cruddy) usenet provider (http://xsusenet.com/) that limits the speed to 1Mbit.
blewis87
n00b

Postby chqshaitan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:51 am

also install yenc as this speeds things up. i get around 900Kbs using ssl connections, make sure you only run a few connections though. i have 4 configured, 2 two to different usenet servers.
chqshaitan
Donor

Next

Return to Application Questions