[REQUEST - £10 waiting!] SABNZB+

This is the place to ask for how to use software that is (or isn't) included in the various wdlxtv flavours. Questions about software such as rtorrent, NZBGet, sshfs, curlftpfs, ssh, telnet, etc.

[REQUEST - £10 waiting!] SABNZB+   

Postby paulselby1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi

I've installed SABNZB+ successfully on my NAS drive and have been using it for over 6mths however the drive has now broken. I tried following various instructions on here to install SABNZB+ with no joy so....

Could someone create a .app of this ? I've £10 waiting for someone if it's possible ?!?!

Thanks in advance
paulselby1
n00b

Re: [REQUEST - £10 waiting!] SABNZB+   

Postby RMerlin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:18 am

From what I saw, it requires Python. An app.bin that would include Python and SABNZB+ would be large, and require a lot of work I'm afraid (Python is a bitch to build due to a LOT of dependencies).

However, I see there's an opt.bin package already made:

Code: Select all
sabnzbdplus - 0.5.6-1 - A web-interface based binary newsgrabber written in python, with nzb file support.

So if you install b-rad's opt.bin, you should then be able to install Python and sabzndplus through ipkg.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby desmoloch » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 am

Yes try it with brads opt.bin and when it Works please reply. Can't get it working :(
desmoloch
Donor

Postby ch1ptune » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi there

I'm currently running SABnzbdplus succesfully on my WD TV Live. The only problem I'm experiencing is a relatively slow download speed with SABnzbdplus compared to that of NZBGet (approx. 650 kb/s on average with SABnzbdplus, approx. 1000 kb/s with NZBGet). What SABnzbdplus has to offer easily outweighs the reduction in download speed.

I can't help you with a app.bin for SABnzbdplus, but here's a short tutorial to get it to work (at least it worked for me) :)

1) Get b-rad's opt.bin and place it on your attached USB-drive (http://b-rad.cc/binaries/opt.bin.tgz)
2) Use telnet or ssh to connect to the device, and type: 'ipkg update' and 'ipkg install sabnzbdplus' (without the quotes)
3) Make sure all dependencies are downloaded and installed correctly. These include python, cheetah, cherrypy, bzip2, unrar among others. If not, install them manually. Use 'ipkg list' and 'ipkg list_installed' for assistance if needed.
4) Even though you've already got SABnzbdplus downloaded and even installed, I recommend downloading SABnzbdplus via Sourceforge using the 'wget' command and then unpacking manually into /opt/share/SABnzbdplus and discard the existing folder. For some reason this way has always worked better for me. So basically what you need to do is to navigate to the /opt/share/ folder and use this command to get the newest version.
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd-0.6.8/SABnzbd-0.6.8-src.tar.gz/download

5) I recommend installing mc via ipkg as well to deal with the unpacking and stuff.
6) Before getting SABnzbdplus to listen on your device's local ip, we need a config file called 'sabnzbd.ini'. To get this generated automatically you have to run SABnzbdplus once. Type in the following to do so and adjust according to your version of python.
/opt/bin/python2.6 /opt/share/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -f /opt/share/SABnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

Usually we'd prefer SABnzbdplus to be run in daemon mode (-d), but since this is the first time launching, we can check to see if SABnzbdplus starts alright. If it does (that is if no errors occur), just quit/exit SABnzdplus again and navigate to /opt/share/SABnzbd/ using mc, locate sabnzbd.ini, and edit the file (F4). Scroll down to "host" and change 'localhost' to '0.0.0.0'. Save the file (F2).
7) Now SABnzbdplus should work. Start it again using the -d mode like this:
/opt/bin/python2.6 /opt/share/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -f /opt/share/SABnzbd/sabnzbd.ini -d

8) Try to reach SABnzdplus from your PC or Mac on: . If all works well, you should now be met with a configuration wizard.
9) If this was a success, you might be interested in getting SABnzdplus to launch automatically at boot. This is done by creating a script and placing it in /opt/etc/init.d/. Here's how my script looks. Adjust according to IP, paths, user/pass etc.
#!/opt/bin/bash

case "$1" in
start)
  echo "Starting SABnzbd."
  /opt/bin/python2.6 /opt/share/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -f /opt/share/SABnzbd/sabnzbd.ini -d
stop)
  echo "Shutting down SABnzbd."
  wget -q --delete-after "http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/api?mode=shutdown&ma_username=[USER]&ma_password=[PASS]&apikey=[APIKEY]"
;;
*)
  echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
  exit 1
esac

exit 0

10) Just save it as "S##SABnzbd", the # being a numeric value between 0 and 9 in accordance with WDLXTV's execution order (thanks b-rad). For instance, the name "S89SABnzbd" works for me. Remember to place the file in /opt/etc/init.d/, locate it using telnet/ssh and use the following command to get it executable:
chmod +x sabnzdplus

Now everything left for you to do is configuring SABnzdplus. Enjoy :)

This was written in quite a late hour. If you notice any inconsistency, please feel free to point it out, and I'll correct it :)

/ch1ptune
Last edited by ch1ptune on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ch1ptune
Donor

Postby desmoloch » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:02 am

Very nice tutorial ch1ptune :)
One thing: if you install sabnzbd through ipkg Python 2.5 will be installed. So you have to Start it with Python 2.5 or install Python 2.6.
desmoloch
Donor

Postby ch1ptune » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:51 am

Basically it's up to you. Python25 has worked fine for me as well. If SABnzbdplus doesn't work for you, you could try installing python26 and use that to run SABnzbdplus, but either way should be fine :)
ch1ptune
Donor

Postby paulselby1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks a million - I've managed to get this working using the instructions - no need for an .app after alll !
paulselby1
n00b

Postby ch1ptune » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Glad to help :)

Do you get full speed using SABnzbd? I'm still trying to figure out a way to overcome my speed problems, but perhaps the WD TV Live just isn't powerful enough spec-wise :/ Anyone got any ideas?

/ch1ptune
ch1ptune
Donor

Postby desmoloch » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:36 pm

tried it again with a "fresh" opt.bin.
Installed sabnzbdplus but i still get "Segmentation fault" :(
tried python2.6, same error. Anything i can do to track down the problem?
desmoloch
Donor

Postby ch1ptune » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:23 pm

That really sucks, desmoloch! :(

Which firmware version are you using? I believe 'segmentation fault' is memory-related (might be wrong, though - haven't encountered that error as far as I remember). Do you have other optware or the like running that could cause the box to be maxed out memory-wise?

With the 'fresh' opt.bin, did you try downloading SABnzbd+ manually from SourceForge as instructed in the above?

Good luck with it..

/ch1ptune
ch1ptune
Donor

Next

Return to Application Questions