Rtorrent puts all torrents at "paused" status

This is the place to ask for how to use software that is (or isn't) included in the various wdlxtv flavours. Questions about software such as rtorrent, NZBGet, sshfs, curlftpfs, ssh, telnet, etc.

Re: Rtorrent puts all torrents at "paused" status   

Postby ct800 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:24 am

Looks like, that for some reason rtorrent moves the data of the unfinished torrent, into the "completed" folder.

1. The Force Re-Chek does not seem to help for me.
2. Moving the data back to the incomplete folder, gives status as "Download registered as completed, but hash check returned unfinished chunks"

Anybody with a proper solution?
ct800
n00b

Postby Napi » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Good evening.

I had the same problem, and it seems to me that analyzing a config file when the issue at hand is that if it was already working and the config wasn't ever messed with in the first place, it was an old-school Linux lover's typically convoluted analysis :geek: that usually fail to give a simple fix that anyone can understand. There's not much to look up in there, right? I thought the same.

Anyways, for me the fix worked as follows:
1. Stop the rTorrent service (webend, built-in daemons, rTorrent, stop rtorrent)
2. Access the volume where the rtorrents are located. In my case I did it from the LAN without removing the USB drive from the WD TV (\\wdtv\USB_DRIVE\rtorrent\rtorrent\finished)
3. Move (don't copy!) all the folders and files in there and place them in the adjacent ".incomplete" folder (\\wdtv\USB_DRIVE\rtorrent\rtorrent\.incomplete) That folder is HIDDEN, so enable the Windows Explorer to allow working with hidden files and folders.
4. Start the rTorrent service (webend, rTorrent, start rTorrent) The previous "move" will force rTorrent to check all the unfinished files the next time it starts and sees files there.
5. Wait several minutes (the WD TV Live Plus is NOT a Phenom Triple Core with an SSD RAID-0 array, so be patient!)
6. Access the rTorrent interface and see all the unfinished torrents resuming their downloads. Or at least you'll see a "checking status". If the latter, wait some more.
7. All the truly finished files will appear again in the finished foler. Those that still need to reach 100% will remain in the .incomplete folder until (you guessed it) finished.

That's it!
Not bad for somebody who uses Windows and leaves obscure Linux command-line as an absolute last resort. ;)
Napi
n00b

Postby indastoop » Sat May 04, 2013 10:59 am

Hey,

I was having a similar "pausing torrents" problem which lead me here. While none of the above solutions seemed to be working for me, I eventually realized that the "pausing torrents" were only the ones I had added by copying their torrent file to the /home/user/rtorrent/watch directory (I usually use the Ctrl+O on the GUI) and that I had deleted their original .torrent thinking it wouldn't be of use anymore.
So I put back those original .torrent files in the /home/user/rtorrent/watch directory and re-started the concerned torrents on the GUI.
I don't have any "pause" issue anymore.
Might work for somebody as well...
indastoop
n00b

Previous

Return to Application Questions