Rtorrent puts all torrents at "paused" status

This is the place to ask for how to use software that is (or isn't) included in the various wdlxtv flavours. Questions about software such as rtorrent, NZBGet, sshfs, curlftpfs, ssh, telnet, etc.

Rtorrent puts all torrents at "paused" status   

Postby kkjelgaard » Sat May 07, 2011 7:46 am

I'm running 0.4.7.3 on 1.03.49_B on my Live Plus.

I set up rTorrent and finally had it working for some time. I downloaded many torrents without any problem but now it just puts every single torrent at "pausing". When I press the stop button then play again, it will go back to "downloading" briefly then go back to "pausing", then to "stopped".

I've forwarded all necessary ports to my WDTV, and it appeared that setting up DHT and peer exchange was effective. However, after unplugging the WDTV to move it to another wall socket, it had reset my IP in the field below DHT settings. It doesn't seem to stick when rTorrent is restarted either.
kkjelgaard
n00b

Re: Rtorrent puts all torrents at "paused" status   

Postby ibax » Sun May 08, 2011 3:08 am

hello,

I think I have the same problem...

I execute several torrents, than after x minutes/hours some of them gets "paused" status. when I check the trackes status, it says:
Storage error: [Could not sync chunk: Input/output error]

unfortunately I made several searches on the internet, but I did not find a solution for (my) problem. did you read the same line at trackes status, when the torrent are pausing?

maybe the rtorrent code should be checked, when this printout is written...
ibax
WDTVer

Postby recliq » Sun May 08, 2011 3:37 am

Both of you have to at least post your rtorrent config if you want anybody to help you.
You tell nothing about your configs and expect others to help...not possible. :geek:
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby rokr » Sun May 08, 2011 9:22 am

Are you using ext3 formatted hard drive? If you use NTFS, you 'll get similar errors.
rokr
Beta Tester

Postby kreso7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:46 am

Bumping the topic, I have exact the same problems. I get
"Tracker Status: Storage error: [Could not sync chunk: Input/output error]"
error with almost every torrent I'm downloading. Not immediately, but after it has downloaded ~100MB-ish of data. It usually downloads smaller files (<150MB) without an error.

Here is my directory listing for disk root and rtorrent folders:
http://imgur.com/qshc1

And rtorrent config file.
http://pastebin.com/A8tymxiH
kreso7
n00b

Postby kroetkroet » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:04 am

Megabump ;)

What does this report to you?
# grep TORRENT /conf/config
RTORRENT='ON'
RTORRENT_DIR='/tmp/mnt/BE20FBA820FB6638'

Also make sure you can 'hit' ctrl-R ( force re-check in GUI ) to make him passed the storage errors.

Good luck!
KK
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby kreso7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:28 am

I'm not sure if I really understand you, but... :) Here:
# grep TORRENT /conf/config
RTORRENT='ON'
RTORRENT_DIR='/tmp/mnt/0AC864B2C8649E27/'

CTRL+R? Just refresh GUI? Well, nothing happens, it's not a display error, torrent still "sits" unfinished with an error. I can resume it, it will probably get finished, or stop again if it is a bigger one.
(I can't be there to resume stopped torrent when downloading via RSS in the middle of the night :) )
kreso7
n00b

Postby kreso7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:43 am

Update: It seems to be going okay if dload folder is .incomplete in /rtorrent/.
I've been downloading stuff to outside folder (USB disk root)/Download/

Any suggestions?
kreso7
n00b

Postby kroetkroet » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:58 am

CTRL-R in the rtorrent screen will force a re-check of the torrent. If you connect through a webbrowser to rutorrent (the GUI that is), you can right-click and there choose force-recheck. In my setup, I have to do this once every 48hours... or less... Depends on how much I'm stuffing on my disk, on how many times my cat checks out his facebook page, or maybe for whatever reason it happens :lol:
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby kreso7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:12 am

: ))

Well, yeah, I can recheck torrent and resume downloading, but that is of little use to me. I'd have to recheck and resume 10GB+ torrents more than dozen times to finish them...

I mean, yeah, seems I could just dload to .incomplete, but now it bugs me and I'd like to solve it :)

This happens no mater how much torrents I have active (or frequency of my cat browsing tumblr for relatives :)).
kreso7
n00b

Next

Return to Application Questions