Remote Control Discrete Codes

This is the place to ask for how to use software that is (or isn't) included in the various wdlxtv flavours. Questions about software such as rtorrent, NZBGet, sshfs, curlftpfs, ssh, telnet, etc.

Re: Remote Control Discrete Codes   

Postby recliq » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:37 am

I understand, you should then enable EIRI and configure your old DVD remote and/or your programmable remote with EIRI.
Just don't use the original WD remote with EIRI (I don't know if EIRI works with programmable remote set to emulate WD remote or if this produces the same non functional buttons like the original WD remote + EIRI.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Re: Remote Control Discrete Codes   

Postby oakeyt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:00 am

I need some help please...

I've successfully created the power_on.sh and power_off.sh scripts and tested these via telnet and they both work by turning on and turning off my WD TV Live. I've found an old programmable remote, captured the codes from two buttons using EIRI and entered these into my eiri.conf. My shell scripts and eiri.conf match those in the instructions in this thread (apart from the two remote codes), but when I use the buttons on the new remote to power on or power off the WD nothing happens. Have I overlooked something?
oakeyt
n00b

Previous

Return to Application Questions