WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?

Feature requests / enhancements discussion regarding the web interface

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby noctilux » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:17 pm

guys. i have read through this stuff several times and the instructions are not clear to me.

to begin with:
"Create a file /conf/S99user-script and place the following content in there:"

where do i create this file--on a USB drive?

thanks!
noctilux
n00b

Postby nicandmih » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi, u have to create ''S99user-script'' file in tmp/conf . u can use the new app mc (midnight commander).
nicandmih
Donor

Postby noctilux » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:15 pm

micandmih,

i don't have mc installed, so i tried the dolphin.php filemanager and no luck: it will not allow upload of file creation in /tmp/conf.
noctilux
n00b

Postby RMerlin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Just use a regular FTP client.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby mozilla » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:11 am

PumpkinEater wrote:I have installed the Jukebox scripts and in general they are working. But songs which have some strange characters in the file names like apostrophe or german umlauts are not played. When trying, the last played song is repeated again. Any ideas how to solve that?

The same problem. Files containing Scandinavian or Cyrillic characters in their filenames are not playing. Any ideas how to fix it?
mozilla
n00b

Postby mozilla » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 am

OK, after trying WebEndJukeBox I decided to write my own little script.

It acts as a webserver and simple WD TV UPnP control point (web interface enabled). No fancy graphics or AJAX things are available, I'm using it to control music playback on my WD TV Live from wi-fi enabled mobile phone.

You can add tracks to playlist, and script will play tracks one by one. Web interface is available at http://'wdtv ip':8080

Homepage: http://www.evgor.com/wdtv/

Script needs some code cleanup, error handling and logging, however I tested it a couple of days and it worked fine for me (on 1.02.21_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.7.3 FW). I don't have plans to develop it further, it serve my needs well.
mozilla
n00b

Postby pennhaven » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:19 am

mozilla wrote:OK, after trying WebEndJukeBox I decided to write my own little script.

It acts as a webserver and simple WD TV UPnP control point (web interface enabled)...

@mozilla

Thanks for sharing your work. I've been wanting a solution like this ever since I got my first WDTV a couple years ago.

For me your WebPlayer appears to work fine with one exception. Artists / albums / tracks are not displayed in the correct (alpha-numerical) order. While your library screen shot shows them in the expected order, mine are in some sort of apparently random order. My music is on an xmounted nfs share, organized /artist/album/track. If I browse that share via the WDLXTV firmware everything is in alpha-numerical order. With your player, artists are out of order, albums are out of order and tracks are out of order.

I'm running 1.05.04_V.WDLXTV_LIVE root.bin beta. I see the same out-of-order library structure with Firefox, Chrome & Internet Explorer.

I hope you can find a little time to take a look at this.
pennhaven
Designer

Postby ivnwdlxtv » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:39 am

mozilla wrote:OK, after trying WebEndJukeBox I decided to write my own little script.

It acts as a webserver and simple WD TV UPnP control point (web interface enabled). No fancy graphics or AJAX things are available, I'm using it to control music playback on my WD TV Live from wi-fi enabled mobile phone.

You can add tracks to playlist, and script will play tracks one by one. Web interface is available at http://'wdtv ip':8080

Homepage: http://www.evgor.com/wdtv/

Script needs some code cleanup, error handling and logging, however I tested it a couple of days and it worked fine for me (on 1.02.21_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.7.3 FW). I don't have plans to develop it further, it serve my needs well.

I, too, have been looking for a way to browse and play music on the wdtv box w/o turning the TV on.
This is great!

Thank you!!!
ivnwdlxtv
n00b

Postby mozilla » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:04 am

pennhaven wrote:Artists / albums / tracks are not displayed in the correct (alpha-numerical) order. While your library screen shot shows them in the expected order, mine are in some sort of apparently random order. My music is on an xmounted nfs share, organized /artist/album/track. If I browse that share via the WDLXTV firmware everything is in alpha-numerical order.

Script updated. Sorry, I don't have nfs shares, so I can't test it.
mozilla
n00b

Postby pennhaven » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:03 am

mozilla wrote:
pennhaven wrote:Artists / albums / tracks are not displayed in the correct (alpha-numerical) order.

Script updated...

All good now. Thanks! 8-)

:?: Will this script handle previously created playlist files?

i.e., re:
Code: Select all
my $ALLOWED_TYPES = 'mp3|flac|avi|wma';

If, e.g., |m3u|pls|wpl, etc. were added, would it know what to do with various types of playlist text files or would additional code be necessary to utilize them? I presume the latter. If so, I hope you're interested, as it would be even more useful with that capability.

Either way, I really appreciate what you've done. Thanks again.
pennhaven
Designer

PreviousNext

Return to Webend Web Interface