WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?

Feature requests / enhancements discussion regarding the web interface

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby KAD » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:34 am

mad_ady wrote:@KAD: Does the play script add the correct metadata (or some fake but complete metadata)? If not, this should be considered a bug and /usr/bin/play should be enhanced to generate fake metadata to allow further navigation...

I'm sure you've looked already, there are very few blanks in the meta, particulary I see some items related to music, such as artist, genre
I'm not sure those would have any effect on playback
The only other blank I see is duration , but dmaosd still picks up the correct file length and displays on it screen

just to be clear, I did not test all buttons, but I know that play/pause, FF, REW, Info , buttons work
Stop produces the desired stop, but to restart the video you must of coarse send the upnp-cmd's again
I'm pretty sure the next buttons would work for the FF + next = 10 minute jump
but I was using a 2 minute file to test so I did not actually try to jump 10 minutes

biggest known issue for me is when using upnp-cmd to play a file
pressing the left button stops playback
but then why would anybody need that button once playback has started

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby jpro1001 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 am

Yeah FW, RW worked for me, just can't skip the 10 mins, which is what I wanted... seek should work ok for me, but I have still yet to test skipping 10 mins by sending upnp-cmd's e.g. Play(Speed), then send Next... Anyone know if the only way to FW via upnp-cmd's is to send a speed parameter to the play command or is there a way to set speed as a separate command?

James
jpro1001
WDTVer

Postby jpro1001 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:55 am

Just tried, it doesn't seem to allow 10 min skipping using upnp-cmd commands either... i tried playing the file like above passing the metainfo etc.. also i passed a speed parameter to the Play e.g. Play 4. it started playing at 4 times speed. then i tried passing upnp-cmd Next, and it didn't do anything. So i tried passing the metadata before it and then ran Next, and it starts the file over again, which is strange...
jpro1001
WDTVer

Postby chimerique » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Hello there, allow me to include myself in the conversation :)
So I did my own android application to play movies on my WD (yes an other one :)
And finally noticed that there is some major problem with UPNP and WD (remote dosen't work anymore, play do not always work if you are not in the right menu, ect)

So I'm wondering one thing, is it not possible to play a movie without upnp-cmd ? Did some fast searching, and each time it's about upnp-cmd
I've saw some pretty web application for the WD with folder browsing, playing ect... but the remote problem is a deal breaker!

I know you can simulate any button of the remote, so it will be easy to go forward/rewind ect once the movie is launched, but the main question (for me) is how to launch a movie with just the file path, an not using upnp-cmd

Ideas ?
chimerique
n00b

Postby recliq » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 am

There is no way to start playback without uPnP commands. Even dmaosd uses uPnP commands to start video playback.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby chimerique » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:32 am

"you" are killing me :(
well then ... work around proposal :
Is there any shortcut command to go into a folder (I'm talking about the User Interface) and then simulate the remote play/select button ? I know it's possible to simulate any button on the remote, but first it's needed to go in the right folder and file ...
chimerique
n00b

Postby KAD » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:36 am

if your problem is that the remote does not work when using upnp-cmd, you probably did not send meta with the upnp-cmd

so
1. generate meta-data with upnp-meta
2. set transport uri + metadata
3. play media

or use the play script included in the firmware
Code: Select all
play /path/to/file.avi
which will do it all for you

this will get some of the remote keys functionality back

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby chimerique » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:16 am

Thx, I'll try the "play" solution

As for the meta-data, I'm not sure about what's happening with my App, as I'm using Cling library... need to check that thow...

Thx anyway :)

Edit: Ok I did some testing
So the command "play file_path" did not work ... nothing happen. No error message (haven't look any log though)

For the metadata, I'm not sure I'm doing it right, I found an old post from recliq from a year ago saying :
file=/path/to/your/movie/file.avi
meta=$(upnp-meta $file)
upnp-cmd SetAVTransportURI "$file" "$meta"
upnp-cmd Play

SO I did try it, but I still have some trouble with the remote and interface :
- Subtitle name is wrong (looks like an encoding problem) if i have a file named "movie.eng.srt" with the regular interface, when i choose a subtitle it shows "eng". With upnp-cmd it show something like : "ë%!"
- Directional buttons doesn't work, I should be able to place subs up and down and also synch subs with left and right buttons. Instead a cros appear in the upper right corner

Is it the meta parameter that is wrong ?

Thx,
Cyril
chimerique
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:08 pm

As far as I know, using upnp-cmd to start/navigate inside a video leads to the remote not being able to navigate. It seems to be a problem inside DMAOSD.

The workaround I've seen (and which should work in the next wdlxtv versions for 1.05 as well) is to use MediaNavigation. When the user navigates with the remote, MediaNavigations intercepts that and sends upnp-cmds as well. So, the problem will go away, since all the controllers will use the same approach.

It's just a matter of time until the firmware with wdtvext support (and thus supporting MediaNavigation) will be available for 1.05 as well.

1.02 + MediaNavigation should not have this problem. You can give it a try in the meantime.

Oh, and the "play" command takes an absolute path to the file that needs to be played.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby migube » Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 am

chimerique wrote:Thx, I'll try the "play" solution

Edit: Ok I did some testing
So the command "play file_path" did not work ... nothing happen. No error message (haven't look any log though)

Cyril

If I type
Code: Select all
# which play
/usr/bin/play

then play with full path e.g. /tmp/media/usb/USB2/movies/movie1.jpg works, and afterwards can still use the remote.
using 1.05.04 0.5.1.4
-----
WdTvLive - LG BD390 - Philips 47PFL8404h - Yamaha RXV-667 - DM7000 - Synology 107+ - HP Touchpad (Webos)
migube
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Webend Web Interface