Sign up here and you can log into the forum!

WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?

Feature requests / enhancements discussion regarding the web interface

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby KAD » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:40 pm

not sure, but I've got a couple of idea's

first is an observation when playing movies from cmd line the system uses video_ex_playing.xml instead of the regular video_playing.xml

so
1. it's possible, there's some functionality limitation in dmaosd

some things I learned from recliq while creating a wdtvext version of videoscreensaver

upnp-cmd was updated in the firmware for version 5.1.1 - so make sure you're using the most current version
also starting with 5.1.1 a play script was added so that we don't have to worry about generating our own meta
this
Code: Select all
$metadata = shell_exec("upnp-meta '" . $playMedia . "'");
$out = shell_exec("sudo upnp-cmd SetAVTransportURI 'file://" . $playMedia . "' '" . $metadata . "'");
shell_exec("sudo upnp-cmd Play");

can become something like this on 5.1.1 or newer firmware
Code: Select all
$out = shell_exec("sudo play $playMedia );


besides that there are upnp-cmd for seek and so on, but I don't think we can make much use of them without wdtvext
or maybe you have a creative idea to use other upnp-cmd options

KAD

edit: one more idea, in case it is caused by the different xml,
I've never tried, but I've read that upnp-cmd supports user supplying a custom xml, maybe you could tell it to use video_playing.xml
to regain that functionality
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
User avatar
KAD
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA USA

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby k.s.guleesh » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi, first of all, the work you guys are doing here is very awesome.

I'm wondering if anyone has (or is planing to) put together an http rest api for all of these features.

That way different standalone UIs could be built, I'm thinking phone apps, tablet apps etc.

Currently I'm messing about with a cobbled together telnet client in Java/Android, but an http api exposed by WDLXTV would be better I think.

Urls could be something like
Code: Select all
http://192.168.xxx.xxx/api/play/?url=/MyShare/Videos/A_Film.avi


EDIT:

Actually after reading upnp-cmd I see there is actually a SOAP interface underneath it all . Is that a WDLXTV addition ? or is that SOAP interface part of the base firmware too ?

Anyway once again love how you are opening this box up.
k.s.guleesh
n00b
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:47 am

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby RMerlin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:27 pm

k.s.guleesh wrote:Hi, first of all, the work you guys are doing here is very awesome.

I'm wondering if anyone has (or is planing to) put together an http rest api for all of these features.

That way different standalone UIs could be built, I'm thinking phone apps, tablet apps etc.

Currently I'm messing about with a cobbled together telnet client in Java/Android, but an http api exposed by WDLXTV would be better I think.

Urls could be something like
Code: Select all
http://192.168.xxx.xxx/api/play/?url=/MyShare/Videos/A_Film.avi


EDIT:

Actually after reading upnp-cmd I see there is actually a SOAP interface underneath it all . Is that a WDLXTV addition ? or is that SOAP interface part of the base firmware too ?

Anyway once again love how you are opening this box up.


The WDTV is a DLNA-compliant renderer. That's why there's such an interface, it's how features like Windows 7's PlayOn work. It's part of the base firmware.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
User avatar
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby Martin_L » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:17 pm

I am releasing a new version of the player.
It now includes a jQTouch interface (with a iPod/iPhone-ish look), inspired in that of "Wondercrow", but heavily re-programmed. In fact, it is optimized for iPod/iPhone and it includes animations. Please see:
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5763

Please, let me know in that thread your suggestions, bugs, etc.
Enjoy!

Martin_L
Martin_L
DLX'er
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:11 am

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby ivnwdlxtv » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:14 am

Martin_L wrote:I am releasing a new version of the player.
It now includes a jQTouch interface (with a iPod/iPhone-ish look), inspired in that of "Wondercrow", but heavily re-programmed. In fact, it is optimized for iPod/iPhone and it includes animations. Please see:
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5763

Please, let me know in that thread your suggestions, bugs, etc.
Enjoy!

Martin_L


I took a quick look at this last night.
Everything seems to work fine and it looks beautiful!
Thank you much!!!
ivnwdlxtv
n00b
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby Martin_L » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:17 pm

New version of the app.bin!
Please see:
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5763

Volume control, endless play, and some more...

Enjoy!

Martin
Martin_L
DLX'er
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:11 am

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby jpro1001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:52 am

Anyone know the proper syntax to fw or rw or seek a video that was played via upnp-cmd? When I use the remote I get a red circle with an slash. When I try to use the upnp-seek command it doesn't do anything. I guess because i don't have wdtvext because I have a plus box. Please see below for more details:

KAD wrote:there are upnp-cmd for seek and so on, but I don't think we can make much use of them without wdtvext
or maybe you have a creative idea to use other upnp-cmd options


Do you know the correct syntax for upnp-cmd Seek? I tried a few different ways and patched the script too, as per this post: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2611
I tried the following:
upnp-cmd Seek REL_TIME 00:10:00
and i would get illegalvalue message before I updated the seek function as mentioned above. Now it doesn't display an error, but it doesn't seek.

Also, I don't know the syntax to fast forward or rewind...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
jpro1001
WDTVer
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby naltimari » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Take a look at the Android remote control app, it has a seek that works. I dont' have the slightest clue as to how he actually does it, or even if it is open-source, but the author has some posts in the forum, maybe you can contact him about it.

I believe the app is at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.osdmod.remote
naltimari
Donor
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby jpro1001 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 am

naltimari wrote:Take a look at the Android remote control app, it has a seek that works. I dont' have the slightest clue as to how he actually does it, or even if it is open-source, but the author has some posts in the forum, maybe you can contact him about it.


Thanks, but I think he probably just uses the normal dlna commands to seek, but those don't seem to work if you start playing a video using upnp-cmd play...
jpro1001
WDTVer
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby KAD » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 am

just a guess, while meta data is discussed in thread above

I'm not sure that it's been implemented yet

and without metadata the seek cmd possibly would not work

again just a guess, I've never had to use the upnp-cmd Seek

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
User avatar
KAD
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA USA

PreviousNext

Return to Webend Web Interface

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron