WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?

Feature requests / enhancements discussion regarding the web interface

WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby wondercow » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:13 am

I'd like to browse network shares and play music using an iDevice (iPod Touch or iPhone) without the need to switch on the TV. There is a "WDTV Remote" App but it doesn't support network shares (and my NAS doesn't support DLNA/UPnP properly).

From what I read WDLXTV had a WebControl plugin to start media directly. Apparently it was not yet ported to WDLXTV-Live. Also I couldn't find the sources and decompressing the bin seemed much hassle for me who has nearly no linux experience. Now I think there is nothing available yet that does something like that for a WDTVLive.

I have lots of experience with PHP and DHTML/JavaScript, so I'm now trying to build a Webend plugin.
The idea is to "ls" the network share, outputting everything as links on the web page, then when clicking on a file, playing it like so:

Code: Select all
wget -q --post-data="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><s:Envelope s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><s:Body><u:SetAVTransportURI xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1"><InstanceID>0</InstanceID><CurrentURI>file:///path/to/your/file.avi</CurrentURI><CurrentURIMetaData /></u:SetAVTransportURI></s:Body></s:Envelope>" localhost:port/MediaRenderer_AVTransport/control --header='SOAPACTION: "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1#SetAVTransportURI"'

wget -q --post-data="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><s:Envelope s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><s:Body><u:Play xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1"><InstanceID>0</InstanceID><Speed>1</Speed></u:Play></s:Body></s:Envelope>" localhost:port/MediaRenderer_AVTransport/control --header='SOAPACTION: "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1#Play"'

Now my questions:
- What's the best way to add something to the Webend?
- How would you go about listing the contents of all network shares from out of the Webend?
- Any further ideas, pointings in the direction of info that could help on my journey?

thanks!
wondercow
n00b

Re: WebControl to browse/play music/movies for WDLXTV-Live?   

Postby zoster » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:51 am

I've been working on a UPnP web interface too. Have a look at /usr/bin/upnp-cmd. It's a standalone command line PHP script that contains all available actions.

Been experimenting with jQuery UI for time and volume sliders. Another idea would be to integrate / extend the Dolphin file manager for browsing.
zoster
WDLXTV Team

Postby wondercow » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:57 am

hi zoster,
your script looks nice! Guess I need something like that in the background to execute the actual commands.

I will be looking into Dolphin. Good idea. Maybe I can actually use that as a base for the file listing part.

Tomorrow I'm putting an Ext3 version on and will begin dabbling into the world of WDLX dev ;)
Btw. is there an Ext3 for 0.4.2.9? I only found one for 0.4.2.6
wondercow
n00b

Postby recliq » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:25 pm

­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby b-rad.cc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 pm

i've been working on this off&on. Hopefully it'll be finished sometime soon.

If you'd like to check out the preliminary version:
Code: Select all
svn export --username guest --password guest https://svn.wdlxtv.com/svn/webend/WebEndJukeBox /var/www/tmp/WebEndJukeBox

then navigate to http://wdtvl-ip/tmp/WebEndJukeBox

zoster, if you want to jump in and add on feel free. its mostly there, just lacking some search functions to find the stuff like thumb/sheets/etc and a bit of polish.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby wondercow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Yay, that Jukebox does already half of what I need!
thx b-rad! (actually, thanks a ton for the whole WDLXTV - I'm loving it:)

I quickly put .mp3 in the filter-file, added a stop button, and made some minor cosmetic changes to the filelist - now it's already a bare bones solution usable in portable browsers. :D

Yep, jQuery UI Sliders would be nice to integrate. It's on my list =)
But first I will try to get playlists (m3u) working.
Then I'll look into the search function. Maybe with SQLite. And/or localStorage for quicker access.
wondercow
n00b

Postby zoster » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Please notice that my script isn't really sophisticated on the reply part, so you might have to dabble into the depths of UPnP.

If you're Windows based I'd recommend the good old UPnP Dev Tools and of course ye olde UPnP documentation.

btw thx b-rad for an alternative browser (dolphin free™).
zoster
WDLXTV Team

Postby chameleon_skin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:56 pm

For my next app, I've actually been hard at work on a web-based media jukebox for the WDTV for the last month. I haven't yet wired it up for UPnP - right now it just streams from the WDTV to your computer - but that's a feature I want to add in to the next version. It uses lots of jQueryUI goodness, too :)

I wasn't able to get b-rad's mediajukebox plugin working for myself; most of the images are broken links and I couldn't figure out how to actually play or queue the files. But given the queue functionality, I'm guessing that it's possible to send .pls files to be played via UPnP. Is that correct? If so, that makes my life a lot easier.
chameleon_skin
Developer

Postby kristupas » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:33 am

b-rad.cc: tried your script, but face some problems. After installing 0.4.3.1, when going into my nfs share folder i get "Invalid page number". I noticed, i can't open /tmp/media/usb/[MyNFSshareName] through webend file manager. Share shows up and plays fine on wdtv like it used to. Got any ideas? Big thanks in advance ;)
kristupas
n00b

Postby kristupas » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 am

Files list correctly in 0.4.2.0, maybe some problems with file manager in web frontend..?
kristupas
n00b

Next

Return to Webend Web Interface