Webend Configuration plugins

Feature requests / enhancements discussion regarding the web interface

Re: Webend Configuration plugins   

Postby DJArty » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:56 am

How do you imagine WDTVExt plugin for simple users on ext3? (by the way I have ext3 on hdd, and symlink normal worked - ok may be permission)
And 2nd why WDTVExt Plugins WebEnd and Reloader down if cp direct to /tmp/config-plugins (Now I even can't return all back)
(symlink to Reloader now does not appear in /tmp/config-plugins ..... and WDTVExt menuitem not present in main screen menu ... but other plugins working.. RELOADER_HIDE='NO' how to restore? :) )
WD TV Live (1.02.21-WDLXTV-0.4.7.3);
Please Donate PayPal to email: djartyua ( a t ) gmail (d o t) com
WebMoney: WMZ114867333413; WMU219453404899; WMR161810775332
DJArty
Developer

Postby RMerlin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:41 pm

I... don't understand the question. Sorry :(
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby DJArty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:17 am

This is not question this is some notes:
1) For WDTVExt Plugins integrations with WEC need to use some command like
var res = executeCmd("ln -s " + this.rootPath + "Plugin_wec.php /tmp/config-plugins/Plugin_wec.php");
So if user use FAT32 or NTFS for storing WDTVExt Plugins (and this is typical) we have some problem with simlink, permission and finally visualization in WebEnd.
2) If use direct "cp -f" instead of "ln -s " there is something very strange:
symlink to Reloader_wec.php dissapear from /tmp/config-plugins/ after reboot
Accordingly in main screen of WD dissapear WDTVExt Plugins Menu, in WD WebEnd dissapear WDTVExt Plugins Menu too. But the custom plug-ins that have been configured previously continue to work.
3) And finally little question: "How to restore WDTVExt Plugins Menu in main screen and WebEnd".
May be this question in wrong thread and as I can see this is my own trouble and I must scan all code myself.
Sorry for my English. I don't speak English usually.
DJArty
Developer

Postby RMerlin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:16 pm

DJArty wrote:This is not question this is some notes:
1) For WDTVExt Plugins integrations with WEC need to use some command like
var res = executeCmd("ln -s " + this.rootPath + "Plugin_wec.php /tmp/config-plugins/Plugin_wec.php");
So if user use FAT32 or NTFS for storing WDTVExt Plugins (and this is typical) we have some problem with simlink, permission and finally visualization in WebEnd.
2) If use direct "cp -f" instead of "ln -s " there is something very strange:
symlink to Reloader_wec.php dissapear from /tmp/config-plugins/ after reboot
Accordingly in main screen of WD dissapear WDTVExt Plugins Menu, in WD WebEnd dissapear WDTVExt Plugins Menu too. But the custom plug-ins that have been configured previously continue to work.

I suspect you might have a broken WDTVExt plugin that's preventing the ReLoader plugin from doing its work. I see no reason why copying a file there should prevent ReLoader from symlinking his.

DJArty wrote:3) And finally little question: "How to restore WDTVExt Plugins Menu in main screen and WebEnd".
May be this question in wrong thread and as I can see this is my own trouble and I must scan all code myself.

There's been talks about this issue in another thread, it has to do with a corrupted wdtvext config file in /conf if I recall.

DJArty wrote:Sorry for my English. I don't speak English usually.

No problem. I didn't mean it as an attack - English ain't mine either, so it makes it even harder for both of us to understand one another. :)
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby DJArty » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:44 am

1) deleting /conf/wdtvext-plugins help to restore WDTVExt state.
2) this code used in .js for non-ext3 FS on users flashdrive or usbdrive with WDTVExt plugins stored on it.
Code: Select all
  var res = executeCmd("cp -f " + this.rootPath + "Plug_wec.php /tmp/www-tmp/Plug_wec.php");
    var res = executeCmd("chmod 755 /tmp/www-tmp/Plug_wec.php");
    var res = executeCmd("ln -s " + "/tmp/www-tmp/Plug_wec.php /tmp/config-plugins/Plug_wec.php");

Don`t beautiful but work - WDTVExt Plugin Config exist in WEC now.
3) Now can spend some time for BSOD( black :) ) on 0.4.5.3 and WDTVExt...
DJArty
Developer

Postby recliq » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 pm

I think i will include a function for dealing with wec linking in extra.js soon...
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 am

hi, found a small bug, that is reproducable on my system

bug involves autores settings but figured I'd post here, as I thought maybe a WEC config check would prevent it

I'm on rev 696,ish with autores enabled

I do not use autores subtitle functionality, with this off
and a language entry input for autores default language

no subtitles can be displayed or selected, even using the options button, the system will show "No Subtitle"
even if subtitles are present,

I thought a check is the code, if autores subtitles are off, then WEC could enforce no entry in the autores default language field

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby RMerlin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:23 am

Time for a little status update I think...

A couple of noteworthy changes can be found in the current development (SVN) version of WEC.

• From now on, clicking on "Save" will only save the currently displayed page. This more granular save should be more intuitive, and also opens the door to other possibilities.
  • Backup/Restore have been completely rewritten. Now, Backup will let you download a file that contains a complete backup of your /conf folder. There is also an option to reupload such a backup, and activate it.
  • It is also now possible to erase your whole existing configuration through WEC. This is in addition to the Restore to Default option previously available, which still exists. This new option will replace the old (no longer working) trick of creating an empty folder inside /conf to wipe it on the next reboot.
  • Due to that last change, the old backuphook and restorehook (which nobody used AFAIK) have been removed.
  • A new hook has been added: postsavehook. This hook will let you define a function to be called whenever your setting has been changed by the user, and saved to the active configuration. Note that WEC will only write settings that have actually been changed by the user (as long you are NOT using a custom writehook). As an example, if you change an option in rtorrent, from now on WEC will also take care of restarting rtorrent automatically, making any configuration change immediately active. This functionality has been applied to quite a few internal services (such as ftpd, telnetd, Samba, etc...) If you are using a custom writehook, in that case you can already mimic the same functionality inside your own writehook.
  • UMSP plugin repository selection. You will now be able to enable/disable optional plugin repositories (such as the restricted-plugins one, which contains any age-restricted plugins). And thanks to the new postsavehook, plugins will also be automatically downloaded at that time (it can take a minute or two, as the download is launched in background).

I will post the detailed API changes (which bumps WECVERSION to 4) in a few days once I'm confident the new API is frozen, so application authors can start using the new features before the actual release time.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby RMerlin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Time for a "State of the WEC" :)

Changes in the current SVN version:

• Groups can now optionally be defined in the new $wec_groups array. Defining a group there will allow you to assign it a displaypri value, a collapsible and a iscollapsed state. (more on these below)
  • Groups can now be assigned a displaypri value, like items did. Valid values are from -50 to +50, and these are weights, i.e. lowpri at the top, highpri at the bottom.
  • WEC can now display groups as collapsible. A collapsible group will have arrows shown next to their name. Clicking on the group name will reveal/collapse the group's content. Also, a collapsible group will automatically detect if the first entry is a WECT_DESC entry, in which case this entry will remain visible even if the rest of the group is collapsed.
  • UMSP plugins are automatically promoted into collapsible groups, and they are by default collapsed. UMSP plugin devs won't need to change anything to take advantage of this.

Those changes made the WECVERSION constant be bumped to version 5. So far all of these changes are fully backward compatible with older versions of WEC.

Note that as of now, the use of the "@" to force a WEC group to "bubble up" at the top of the page is being deprecated. Instead, define your group, and give it a lower priority, just like regular entries would.

You can see a few examples near the top of wdlxtv_options.php. For example, the "SQLite DB" entry is currently collapsible, and already collapsed by default.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby recliq » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:22 am

that was fast, I'll play around with this asap... :mrgreen:
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

PreviousNext

Return to Webend Web Interface