Pandora freezing unit

youtube/live365/pandora/flickr replacements & other web services

Pandora freezing unit   

Postby cheezycow » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:26 am

I am currently running 1.02.21-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1 flashed ver on my unit. Every time I load pandora it starts out fine but after about 10-20 mins it freezes and the only way to get the unit to respond is by a power cycle(unplug). I have searched the forum but cannot find anyone with this similar problem.Any help would be appreciated!
cheezycow
n00b

Re: Pandora freezing unit   

Postby RMerlin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 am

I'd check for signs of potential overheating if the problem tends to occur after 10-20 mins.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby cheezycow » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks for the reply. I have watched the temp while listening to pandora for the time it allows, also while video playback on local drive. don't notice any major fluctuations. I have noticed the issue isn't directly time related as I previously thought. I timed while listening on multiple occasions and stations. The amount of songs and the time it runs vary. I am hard wired to my router. I did not have this problem on prior firmware releases...Is there any logs I can look at to see what might be causing the problem?
cheezycow
n00b

Postby recliq » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:36 am

Enable dmaosd debug log in WEC or like this:
Code: Select all
config_tool -c DMAOSD_DEBUG=2
config_tool -s && config_tool -s
reboot

then have a look at /tmp/messages.txt and /tmp/dmaosd.log :geek:
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby davron94 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 am

then have a look at /tmp/messages.txt and /tmp/dmaosd.log :geek:

Where can I find these? I don't see them in the file manager.

thanks,
davron94
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm

if dmaosd debugging is 0 then dmaosd.log will not exist

you must enable it, then reboot
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby horizons1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:26 pm

This just started happening to me too - I noticed last week and again tonight. It will play about four songs and then it looks like playback is just stopped on the next track but actually the whole unit is frozen. Could Pandora have changed something?
horizons1
Donor

Postby recliq » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:03 am

This really sounds like a pandora problem. IIRC the pandora client on WDTV is closed source, so there's not much we can do about this.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby cheezycow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Sorry for not responding sooner.At my parents....anyways. I did a firmware update to 1.05.04 and it seemed to start working smoothly.One thought I did have was somewhere in a post someone was having issues and it was recommended to delete all files off of drive before mounting/flashing...I wasn't aware it loaded the .wd_tv dir. I did delete this off the drive before I flashed.Anyone know if any pandora info is stored within those files?
cheezycow
n00b

Postby davron94 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:07 pm

cheezycow wrote:Sorry for not responding sooner.At my parents....anyways. I did a firmware update to 1.05.04 and it seemed to start working smoothly.One thought I did have was somewhere in a post someone was having issues and it was recommended to delete all files off of drive before mounting/flashing...I wasn't aware it loaded the .wd_tv dir. I did delete this off the drive before I flashed.Anyone know if any pandora info is stored within those files?

Anyone ever find a resolution to this problem? My box is still freezing up after about 4 songs, then I have to reboot the whole thing!
davron94
DLX'er

Next

Return to WDTVL Proxy Project