Pandora - Accessing outside the U.S.

youtube/live365/pandora/flickr replacements & other web services

Re: Pandora - Accessing outside the U.S.   

Postby nuxator » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:58 am

Many thanks for this proxy.
I love pandora and now i can use it without turning on my computer.
I'm using regular firmware.
nuxator
Donor

Postby vango44 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:52 pm

This worked for me also using the standard b-rad firmware .4.2.0

Used webend file manager to upload the pandora_conf.tgz ro the /tmp directory on the wdtv and the webend telnet to extract to the conf directory.

Did a reboot and no other changes. I didn't need to set a proxy myself so one must be provided in the .tgz files.

Thanks!!
vango44
WDTVer

Postby jansunder » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:18 am

Hi Bagira,
Is there a possibility that the WD LIVE connects to a VPN OR my local comp that is connected to a VPN server and not to the router directly.
This question may be answered earlier, but as luck would have it did not find any...
Would really appreciate any help or suggestion
Thanks.
jansunder
n00b

Postby oudoulj » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:09 pm

I live in France and thanks to your tool, I can access Pandora !
Thank you very much ! :D
WD TV Live (Model number WDBAAP0000NBK) running 1.02.21.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1 + picto osd + MNv4 + webplayer
Synology DS212
oudoulj
DLX'er

Postby dan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:00 am

thank you guys. its working great under Ext 4.2.2!
dan
Developer

Postby oudoulj » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:11 pm

oudoulj wrote:I live in France and thanks to your tool, I can access Pandora !
Thank you very much ! :D

Has lost it tonight.
Typed :
config_tool -c GENERAL_PROXY='208.180.65.242:8080'
then
reboot
Pandora is now back :)
WD TV Live (Model number WDBAAP0000NBK) running 1.02.21.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1 + picto osd + MNv4 + webplayer
Synology DS212
oudoulj
DLX'er

Postby newbie_newbie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks for the instruction set, I have it working.

I had it working and ended up by pulling the power to the WD (different issue). On power up it seemed to have lost the proxy info. I checked the conf directory and all appropriate files were there, with appropriate content.

I tried changing the default IP and port to use in the proxy file and rebooting, but no luck. I ended up having to use the instructions that oudoulj posted using the config_tool and reboot. Once that was done it started working again. I'm not sure why the value wasn't stored after a reboot.
newbie_newbie
WDTVer

Postby newbie_newbie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Accessing Pandora from outside the U.S. has stopped working for me. Setting the proxy IP and rebooting was resolving previously but is no longer.

When I run a ping test from the WD to the Pandora servers I get a localhost response. When I monitor outbound traffic from my router I show the WD connecting to the proxy server. If I put the same proxy server into a PC I am able to access Pandora. It feels like I am missing something obvious, but I can't seem to find it.

I have verified all the files extracted from the pandora_conf.tgz file and have the proper contents. I've also changed the default proxy in the general-proxy file.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
newbie_newbie
WDTVer

Postby oudoulj » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:43 am

newbie_newbie wrote:Accessing Pandora from outside the U.S. has stopped working for me. Setting the proxy IP and rebooting was resolving previously but is no longer.

When I run a ping test from the WD to the Pandora servers I get a localhost response. When I monitor outbound traffic from my router I show the WD connecting to the proxy server. If I put the same proxy server into a PC I am able to access Pandora. It feels like I am missing something obvious, but I can't seem to find it.

I have verified all the files extracted from the pandora_conf.tgz file and have the proper contents. I've also changed the default proxy in the general-proxy file.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I am currently using the following proxy :
config_tool -c GENERAL_PROXY='167.206.203.101:3128'
and I noticed a weird behavior with the last proxies I tried (picked from http://www.proxylist.net/list/us/0/1/2/2)
A proxy can work one day and fail the day after.
For instance, the proxy above did not work last night and it's working today :? (without changing anything in my configuration)
It seems like you can never be sure when your IP is going to pass the geolocalization test...
Synology DS212
oudoulj
DLX'er

Postby newbie_newbie » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:06 am

The proxy you posted is working for me from the WD.

I'm not sure why the one I was using previously worked from a PC but not from the WD. I think I am going to try and have my router handle sending Pandora (and Hulu) traffic to an outside proxy to see if that is a more permanent solution.
newbie_newbie
WDTVer

PreviousNext

Return to WDTVL Proxy Project