YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)

youtube/live365/pandora/flickr replacements & other web services

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby davron94 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:55 pm

RMerlin wrote:
davron94 wrote:
So, how would I create that S99 script?

thanks guys for all the help!

There's not much to it, this is just a plain text file. Use whichever text editor you have on your PC, simply put the content as I wrote it in the first post, then upload it to /conf on the WDTV using any FTP client.

Do i need to give the .txt file a certain name? I created the file with the name S99userscript.txt and used filezilla to place it in the /conf file. I rebooted then I ran the Purevideo video and the picture is still SD. Here is the log file:
# cat /tmp/messages.txt | grep -i Youtube
Aug 10 03:19:14 WDTVLIVE user.notice wdtvext-plugman: gen: enabling HomePageYouTube.plugin.js (/tmp/wdtvext-plugins/HomePageYouTube.plugin.js)
Aug 10 03:19:21 WDTVLIVE user.notice youtube-switch: Switching YouTube to youtubeHD
Aug 10 03:37:35 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: Requesting video ID W6tB8Lf7YoU
Aug 10 03:37:35 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: No fmt_url_map - falling back to basic playback
Aug 10 03:39:03 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: Requesting video ID XITHbsUUlYI
Aug 10 03:39:04 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: No fmt_url_map - falling back to basic playback
Aug 10 04:44:39 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: Requesting video ID XITHbsUUlYI
Aug 10 04:44:39 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: No fmt_url_map - falling back to basic playback
Aug 10 04:53:21 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: Requesting video ID XITHbsUUlYI
Aug 10 04:53:21 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: No fmt_url_map - falling back to basic playback
#
any suggestions?
davron94
DLX'er

Postby mad_ady » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:03 pm

The correct file name is (case-sensitive): S99user-script (without any extension).
You can rename it through telnet with these commands
Code: Select all
mv /conf/S99userscript.txt /conf/S99user-script
chmod a+x /conf/S99user-script
config_tool -s; config_tool -s
reboot
mad_ady
Developer

Postby ftomika » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:24 am

Gents,

everything is working for me using the above suggested method ... however time-to-time, during playback -when pushing 'Enter' to get the infoline- it does not reflect the proper resolution, despite the fact IT IS playing in the required/desired one.

Actually, sometime it just does not show any information concerning the resolution, you can just see a dash "-" or it shows a completely different resolution there ..again, despite the video itself is playing back using a completely another one.

I'm using YT subscriptions/playlists and playing videos simply using the YT main menu and its search function...well, and of course MKV playback as well in a mixed fashion. Maybe there's some kind of conflict between these and new 'getproxies' method?!

Could You please help on this one?!

.ft.
ftomika
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:31 am

There is no conflict. As far as I know the WDTV process that parses video metadata to get size, bitrate and resolution can't figure out reliably this information and will display various junk. I've seen it working somewhat more reliably if after playback you give it 10-15 seconds before pushing enter.
For files on your USB or network shares it works pretty well. For streams, not so much.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby ftomika » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:17 am

Understood and thank you very much!

We can live with this for sure ;)

It's of course not an issue, it's just annoying :S ... one last thing though, before this YT change and hotfix -starting from this month- it showed the above detailed resolution information correctly when I hit 'Enter'. Personally I could not remember one single occasion when this intel was inaccurate.

I know, I know ;) ... but I'm an addict concerning this 'Enter'-thing/check the current resolution, hence gather continous feedback about my playbacks.

THX!
ftomika
WDTVer

Postby RMerlin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:07 am

ftomika wrote:Understood and thank you very much!

We can live with this for sure ;)

It's of course not an issue, it's just annoying :S ... one last thing though, before this YT change and hotfix -starting from this month- it showed the above detailed resolution information correctly when I hit 'Enter'. Personally I could not remember one single occasion when this intel was inaccurate.

I know, I know ;) ... but I'm an addict concerning this 'Enter'-thing/check the current resolution, hence gather continous feedback about my playbacks.

THX!

Everything around this is done in the closed-source binary. I have no control over it, and the YT HD proxy does nothing but feed the WDTV with a different stream than the one it requests. So all I can assume is their code isn't able to reliably determine the resolution of a live stream, and there's nothing I can do about that.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby davron94 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:08 pm

mad_ady wrote:The correct file name is (case-sensitive): S99user-script (without any extension).
You can rename it through telnet with these commands
Code: Select all
mv /conf/S99userscript.txt /conf/S99user-script
chmod a+x /conf/S99user-script
config_tool -s; config_tool -s
reboot

Awesome! thanks very much! its working great now!
davron94
DLX'er

Postby glc650 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:18 am

mad_ady wrote:Make sure the YOUTUBE_QUALITY parameter is set to 720P or 1080P to get hd content. You can check/set this parameter via the web interface.
From what you post it seems everything is working fine for the quality you selected.
Where exactly do I do this?

Thanks,

->g.
glc650
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:27 am

glc650 wrote:
mad_ady wrote:Make sure the YOUTUBE_QUALITY parameter is set to 720P or 1080P to get hd content. You can check/set this parameter via the web interface.
From what you post it seems everything is working fine for the quality you selected.
Where exactly do I do this?

Thanks,

->g.

highlight mine.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby mankidavu » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:19 am

Lots of reworks on YT HD.
Thanks a lot for the fix.
mankidavu
WDTVer

Previous

Return to WDTVL Proxy Project