Sign up here and you can log into the forum!

YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)

youtube/live365/pandora/flickr replacements & other web services

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby davron94 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:58 pm

KAD wrote:I think what you're looking for will be in dmaosd.log

KAD



I don't know what the dmaosd.log is, but i found some HD videos and played them. My setting is on 1080P and they did not look anything close to real HD on the screen. How do I create this conf/ S99 script file and add the commands?

thanks,
davron94
DLX'er
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 am

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby RMerlin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:12 pm

davron94 wrote:
KAD wrote:I think what you're looking for will be in dmaosd.log

KAD



I don't know what the dmaosd.log is, but i found some HD videos and played them. My setting is on 1080P and they did not look anything close to real HD on the screen. How do I create this conf/ S99 script file and add the commands?

thanks,


It's in /tmp/messages.txt.

Code: Select all
cat /tmp/messages.txt | grep -i Youtube


You will see the list of available qualities, and which quality you actually played. The explanation of the quality value can be seen here.

Also be aware that not all videos offer a 1080P version. The proxy will show you which resolutions are availble.

Creating the file is as simple as... creating the file, and uploading it with FTP to that specified location (if using vi or nano over SSH proves to be too technically challenging).
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
User avatar
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby davron94 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:51 pm

RMerlin wrote:
davron94 wrote:
KAD wrote:I think what you're looking for will be in dmaosd.log

KAD



I don't know what the dmaosd.log is, but i found some HD videos and played them. My setting is on 1080P and they did not look anything close to real HD on the screen. How do I create this conf/ S99 script file and add the commands?

thanks,


It's in /tmp/messages.txt.

Code: Select all
cat /tmp/messages.txt | grep -i Youtube





You will see the list of available qualities, and which quality you actually played. The explanation of the quality value can be seen here.

Also be aware that not all videos offer a 1080P version. The proxy will show you which resolutions are availble.

Creating the file is as simple as... creating the file, and uploading it with FTP to that specified location (if using vi or nano over SSH proves to be too technically challenging).








It doesn't look like i have a /tmp/messages.txt file, or I just can't find it in the file manager on the WEC.

So I just create the file in windows, name the file "S99user-script", add the commands, and upload it to the conf file?
davron94
DLX'er
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 am

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby KAD » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:28 pm

here's a hint, on the webend there's a link titled "bug report" this is actually just the output of messages.txt

but I can guarantee the file exist on your system at /tmp/messages.txt

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
User avatar
KAD
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA USA

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby davron94 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:37 pm

KAD wrote:here's a hint, on the webend there's a link titled "bug report" this is actually just the output of messages.txt

but I can guarantee the file exist on your system at /tmp/messages.txt

KAD




the only thing the bug report says is this about 50 times with the same date:

Jan 4 00:17:40 WDTVLIVE user.notice wdlxtv.watch: Warning LINKSHEETS=ON, but MovieSheet WDTVExt plugin is enabled!!! You must disable MovieSheet to use linksheets.

would the tmp/ messages.txt file be in the file manager?
davron94
DLX'er
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 am

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby RMerlin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 pm

davron94 wrote:
KAD wrote:here's a hint, on the webend there's a link titled "bug report" this is actually just the output of messages.txt

but I can guarantee the file exist on your system at /tmp/messages.txt

KAD




the only thing the bug report says is this about 50 times with the same date:

Jan 4 00:17:40 WDTVLIVE user.notice wdlxtv.watch: Warning LINKSHEETS=ON, but MovieSheet WDTVExt plugin is enabled!!! You must disable MovieSheet to use linksheets.

would the tmp/ messages.txt file be in the file manager?


Use an FTP client if you don't want to use trelnet/ssh to directly access the file as I wrote.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
User avatar
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby davron94 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 pm

RMerlin wrote:
davron94 wrote:
KAD wrote:here's a hint, on the webend there's a link titled "bug report" this is actually just the output of messages.txt

but I can guarantee the file exist on your system at /tmp/messages.txt

KAD




the only thing the bug report says is this about 50 times with the same date:

Jan 4 00:17:40 WDTVLIVE user.notice wdlxtv.watch: Warning LINKSHEETS=ON, but MovieSheet WDTVExt plugin is enabled!!! You must disable MovieSheet to use linksheets.

would the tmp/ messages.txt file be in the file manager?


Use an FTP client if you don't want to use trelnet/ssh to directly access the file as I wrote.






This is what the ssh states while running a HD video:

Jan 4 01:18:42 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: Requesting video ID 92isX62fv1g
Jan 4 01:18:42 WDTVLIVE user.notice YoutubeHD: No fmt_url_map - falling back to basic playback


I'm assuming this means that it is standard def.

So, how would I create that S99 script?

thanks guys for all the help!
davron94
DLX'er
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 am

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby RMerlin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:18 pm

davron94 wrote:
So, how would I create that S99 script?

thanks guys for all the help!


There's not much to it, this is just a plain text file. Use whichever text editor you have on your PC, simply put the content as I wrote it in the first post, then upload it to /conf on the WDTV using any FTP client.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
User avatar
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby cooldon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:06 pm

OP, i placed getproxies in conf as per your recommandation, after reboot first video works fine, problem reappearing with 2n video.. after reboot again 1st video plays and blows on 2nd video onwards..

BTW I am noob...how can i find out the version of WDLXTV i am using?
cooldon
n00b
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Re: YoutubeHD fix (August 2011)   

Postby mad_ady » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:26 pm

You should see the version when you login via telnet/ssh. It's printed in the banner. Also, it's listed in the web interface, when you login. Or in the about dialog on your OSD.

Are you always trying with the same two videos? What is the error message you get?
User avatar
mad_ady
Developer
 
Posts: 4552
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:08 am
Location: Bucharest, Romania

PreviousNext

Return to WDTVL Proxy Project

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest