youtube HD

youtube/live365/pandora/flickr replacements & other web services

youtube HD   

Postby rezmus » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:36 pm

youtube HD proxy allows you to watch youtube up to 1080p, restricted and private videos. post your comments / requests / found bugs here.

To enable:
Code: Select all
config_tool -c APACHE=ON
config_tool -c YOUTUBE_SWITCHER=youtubeHD
config_tool -c YOUTUBE_QUALITY=1080P

YOUTUBE_QUALITY can be:
* 270P
* 360P
* 480P
* 720P
* 1080P

Notice the upper case 'P', lower case 'p' WILL NOT WORK.

Setting YOUTUBE_QUALITY is mandatory
rezmus
Developer

Re: youtube HD   

Postby berniep » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:20 am

Brad told me, that you are already informed about some YoutubeHD bugs in EXT3-BOOT_LIVE-0.4.1.9-9.1
Here are my test results:
1) FF key doesn't work as before: works only within the period, you've already watched
2) After playing a movie from favorites, you get the list of 'Related videos' - selecting the first one from there, ends up in "no movie found"
berniep
Beta Tester

Postby rezmus » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 pm

1) can you check it with youtubeHD disabled? i think this is the issue of 1.02.21, not the proxy (youtube is streamed directly, proxy only manipulates feed data and video links)
2) issue is known, should be resolved till next wdlxtv rls
rezmus
Developer

Postby berniep » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi rezmus,

1) FF keys acts normal after switching to YOUTUBE_SWITCHER=''
Easy test, because YOUTUBE_SWITCHER works on the fly - thanks for that :-)
2) Ok
berniep
Beta Tester

Postby gra » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:58 pm

I have a problem too with YoutubeHD, I don't know if it's related with the one already posted:
When I watch a video if I try to go to related video, the first time it works, but after watching the related video if I try to get a list of "related of the related" it does not show any video.

This works correctly with the standard youtube, but if I switch to youtubeHD it does not.
gra
n00b

Postby rezmus » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:29 am

it's the same issue already mentioned. will be resolved soon.

@berniep: it must be related to video files itself, coz like i said streaming isn't done through any proxy, but i will check it myself when i have some free time.
rezmus
Developer

Postby wantmore » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:53 am

I'm just curious - does the device send a "User-Agent" - and if so what does it call itself? :)
wantmore
DLX'er

Postby holzbank » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 pm

hi rezmus, as b-rad mentions HERE, you're aware of the following. so just for completeness, i'll make a post here, too ;)

there is one more bug from within youtube-hd i see, which does not appear in offical 1.02.21 >> whereas youtube HD in general is working great, it's no longer possible to add favourites to a youtube-account from the wdtvlive-box anymore. there is no error message, it simply does not show on the favourite list. as soon as i turn off youtube-switcher, it's adding and showing as intended :|

hope you could fix this in a future release?
holzbank
n00b

Postby rezmus » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:02 am

i'm aware of this issue, prob is dmaosd send POST request with double Content-Type header which cause lighttpd server with proxy running to reject it. we need to patch curl lib for this i think and check if nothing was broken, will do when have some free time.
rezmus
Developer

Postby b-rad.cc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:08 am

This is main reason for switch to apache. Next version there will be no more lighty, its a done deal. ;)
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Next

Return to WDTVL Proxy Project